If you're vegetarian...look away..

by MidwichCuckoo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Billygoat, that is the most horrifying thing I've ever heard. How could anybody think it was okay to give a kid a cute bunny to cuddle and then murder it in front of them? I don't care if they raised the animals for food or not...that's just cruel and disgusting.

I worked with a woman once who's family would raise a couple of calves to butcher for the family's supply of beef every year. She's sitting there telling me all of these cute calf stories, how the thing is so smart and such a pet, how it plays jokes on her husband (snitches his can of nails when he's out repairing fences and makes the guy chase him around trying to retrieve them)....then she tells me they're gonna kill it. Gross, gross, gross. Don't make a friggin' pet out of the animal only to slaughter it! I'm sure I wouldn't eat any meat at all if I had to raise my own animals.

Froggy, I have stopped eating red meat for the most part. But I'm afraid I'm too lazy to give it all up entirely, at least at present. I don't like beans or tofu that well either. I'd have to be the kind of vegitarian that still ate eggs and fish. (I have thought about it...I have the cookbooks to prove it). LOL Oh, and I do agree about the undigested meat thing...for that I go on a month-long cleansing routine a couple times a year.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If it wiggles, odds are I'll eat it.

Lets see...

Sushi, eel, raw squid, raw octopus, raw oysters, raw clams, boiled craw fish, lobster, cooked rabbit, squirrel, emu, shark, alligator, alligator gar, sting ray, goose, duck, deer, all sorts of fish, frog legs (Sorry Frog ), turtle, and hog's head.

The strangest thing I have eaten from time to time is a very odd animal called the Spam. This peculiar thing usually comes in a can.

That is all I can think off for now

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've heard "people" taste like pork...can't say I've tried it...

But in Japan they have ice cream made from human milk....a "delicacy"...It was in AWAKE...it's gotta be true.

Proves we're just pigs.

u/d (of the swine class)

p.s.- I want to work in a "human" dairy farm! As a milker...!!!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I did get Onion ice cream by accident in Japan before. Not pleasant.
    Also, I am usually a vegetarian but do eat sushi from time to time....especially when in Japan. Unagi or BBQ sea eel is quite good and as Billy pointed out very light tasting. But I love octopus too....although I know how intelligent the little buggers are so that bothers me....but why do they taste so good? LOL

• melmoth
    melmoth

I've tried whale meat, in Norway. Of course it didn't seem so exotic to them, but it was the only time I'd ever seen it on the menu.
    (Tasted a bit like beef.)

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

I've eaten mushroom-flavoured chocolates in Belgium, bear and shark in the US, and raw prawns and savory custard with a pickle in the bottom in Japan. Reckon Belgium wins that one.

• Pole
    Pole

Do you guys have a soup made of intestines in your respective countries? It's fairly popular here (we call it "flaki"). I love it!

Pole

• upside/down
    upside/down

No but I have soup in my intestines...lol!

The Mexican community has "menudo"....tripe in a soup like sauce...

The Italians have the same thing...only made with Italian spices...

Tastes like seasoned rubberbands to me...

In America we prefer the "meat" of the animal... in the old country everyone seems to like the "scraps"...

u/d (of the my grandpa ate fish heads...class)

• Pole
    Pole

Right, so while most soups end up in the intestines, with this one intestines end up in the soup which ultimately ends up in the intestines anyway.

***wondering if this sentence even makes sense***

Pole

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

There do appear to be ways and means if you really want to try swan..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4361079.stm

I don't think anything I have eaten is exotic. We eat pigeon, pheasant, duck (mallard, teal, widgeon) all the time - you can't move for them around here. Partridge (French, not English) is on the menu this week, which is a little rarer - maybe a couple of times a year sort of meal. We have Canada goose occasionally.

I have little patience with not liking something one hasn't tried. So far, I have tried two things I did not enjoy - oysters, raw in the shell (too salty, like a gobful of seawater); and some sort of fried brains served in Piedmont, Italy (unpleasantly mushy).

Rachel (likes free range, organic meat class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit