If you're vegetarian...look away..

by MidwichCuckoo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

What's the strangest or most exotic food you've ever 'experienced'?

For me, I suppose, it was badly cooked (I cooked it myself, say no more) crocodile....I'd like to try swan, and if I can find a loophole in the Law, I will.

• Legolas
    Legolas

why swan? I ate shark once and emu meat

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've eaten elk and pheasant that I "harvested" myself...

and tried Rocky Mountain Oysters...(sorry but all things deep fried and battered taste the same to me)

u/d (of the loves sushi & medium rare rib-eyes together class)

p.s.- If "God" didn't mean for us to eat animal...how come they're made out of meat?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You might enjoy my post below (unfortunately the image links no longer work):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/75449/1.ashx

This concerned my eating pigeon, donkey meat, and camel hump in China.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    ...how come they're made out of meat?

LOL...What should they be made out of!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I made sure I rode camel and ate camel in the same afternoon.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    why swan?

Because :- a) it's illegal, b) it's big and meaty and c) whether you decide on a leg or a wing it's going to be a plateful.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Do you Try again... Do you have any good recipes for those bits of leftover crocodile you always end up with? Tell them the quail story Midwich! ig.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

There are a few,

In the amazon I ate "meat" with a jar of home made worcester sauce made with ants. You boil them until their arses explode releasing an acid which gives the sauce its little kick.

In shanghi I ate cows intestine, and duck soup. The duck soup came in a family style pot, with the duck heads arranged around the the top, and their feet used as lilly pads.

In Japan I have no idea what I ate, it came from the sea, and I think it was an erchin. Tasted yummy though. - Actually I had no idea what I was eating most of the time there.

In South Africa I ate home made jurky. Delicious.

Maybe not in the same league as those above, but in Israel I ate fresh figs. The most delicious thing I have ever eaten.

Oh, and here in New York, I have eaten on a few desperate times some strange compacted meat substance between to white bland wheat derivatives at places with golden arches above their doors.

steve

• upside/down
    upside/down

Americans have a fondness for cheek meat, lymphnodes, salivary glands, pancreas, tongue and ass meat, all mixed together....

HOT DOGS (which so far do not contain dog).....yyyuuuumm!

u/d (of the condiments class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit