Dansk is in the hospital --- emails from Claire

by Alleymom 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

7/22/05 5:14 PM EDT

Marjorie....Just a quick update before I retire for the night - Just got back from visiting Ian. He wasn't content with getting rid of 2 litres of fluid........he's parted with 5 litres and that's out of just one lung!!!!!!

He's in till at least Sunday morning.

Night night
    Claire

This is the latest from Claire.

Marjorie

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks for the update, Marjorie.

Not sure what this means for the Bath trip to the lovely Apsley House and medical oncologist, but Ian needs to be in the best shape possible to negotiate his treatment plan, so I hope he's not too annoyed at any delays.

(((( Ian and Claire)))),

I'm going upstairs to meditate and send energy your way right now. I hope you'll both feel refreshed in the morning.

Love and healing,

Brenda

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

>>> Thanks for the update, Marjorie.

Not sure what this means for the Bath trip to the lovely Apsley House and medical oncologist, but Ian needs to be in the best shape possible to negotiate his treatment plan, so I hope he's not too annoyed at any delays. <<<

Brenda ---

I know, that was the first thing I thought of. Can you believe they drained five liters from one lung? It's no wonder Ian was having breathing problems the other day :-(

Twinkletoes and Kaytee --

I'll email Claire to make sure she knows of your kind offer --- I don't know if she's managing to find time to read the forum messages regularly.

Marjorie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I find this astonishing.....the fact that I buy my favorite diet cherry coke in the 2-liter bottles. Carrying two of these is quite a bit for me to manage because of my disablity and weakness due to the strokes. I know how heavy these bottles can be just by trying to carry them by hand.I cannot imagine having five of these bottles of liquid in my lungs, or should I say one lung. The sheer weight is hard to fathom! It is inconceivable to me.

I have to wonder what capacity of actual air he was getting prior to being examined. It cant have been much! Hopefully, now with all this out of his system by the weekend, he'll be stronger and better able to deal with whatever they decide is best for him in Bath.

I just feel so very awful for him and what he is going through, needless to say you all are feeling the same.

With love and warm hugs to Ian and Claire,

Annie

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Lots of love to Ian, Claire and the kids.

Dahlia

• Golf
    Golf

My best. Thinking of him. Golf

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I've been away for a few days and I'm just checking JWD for a few minutes.

(((((((((Ian & Claire))))))))),

Thinking of you, praying for you as ever, and wishing you the very best.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Here's the latest from Claire. It sounds as if Ian's breathing is much improved after having five liters of fluid drained from his lung.

7/23/05 8:47 AM EDT Hi Marjorie Dom and I are going to see Ian in about an hour. He's having another "talcum powder" treatment some time today to make sure the pleura are well and truly stuck. He's hoping to be out Sunday morning and the doctors have been fantastic at trying to accommodate his wishes to still go to Bath.

I might just look up Twinketoes and Kaytee on JWD and have their numbers just in case. However, looking at Ian last night he was MUCH better. He could breathe and talk at the same time!!! and he wasn't a ghastly yellow/grey colour - it must have been the lack of oxygen caused by a malfunctioning lung. Painwise he is in a bit of discomfort but that's only because there is a 1/2 inch diameter pipe coming out of his back!
  • Alleymom
    Alleymom
    I find this astonishing.....the fact that I buy my favorite diet cherry coke in the 2-liter bottles. Carrying two of these is quite a bit for me to manage because of my disablity and weakness due to the strokes. I know how heavy these bottles can be just by trying to carry them by hand.I cannot imagine having five of these bottles of liquid in my lungs, or should I say one lung. The sheer weight is hard to fathom! It is inconceivable to me.

I have to wonder what capacity of actual air he was getting prior to being examined. It cant have been much! Hopefully, now with all this out of his system by the weekend, he'll be stronger and better able to deal with whatever they decide is best for him in Bath.

I just feel so very awful for him and what he is going through, needless to say you all are feeling the same.

Annie ---

I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but 5 liters would be 2 1/2 of the 2-liter bottles, not five bottles. However, that still seems like an inconceivable amount of fluid to me!

As you will have seen in my previous post, Claire says that Ian can now talk and breathe at the same time and his color is much better. It seems he is still hoping to make the journey to Bath on Monday.

I asked Claire if she had friends and family to help her through all of this, and she told me that her two sisters, who were never JW's, have been there for her. I'm sure you'll be happy, as I was, to hear this. I've been concerned about her.

Marjorie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I hope for a speedy recovery. Best wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit