Dansk is in the hospital --- emails from Claire

by Alleymom 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I pray that you will find the remedy for your illness and will return to a healthy state.

Ian, the chemo may be a good idea....

Much love,

Robyn

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Carol asked about the procedure. It's relatively simple and done frequently. Sterile talcum powder is introduced by a chest tube/small catheter between the membranes around the lung. This adheres the membranes to stick together, preventing buildup of fluid in this space. Sometimes tetracycline or another antibiotic is mixed with the powder. He may experience some pain, nausea, or slight fever--all are common after this.

Sorry it took so long to get back. Had to go apartment hunting.

shelley

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    Carol [actually, it was me] asked about the procedure. It's relatively simple and done frequently. Sterile talcum powder is introduced by a chest tube/small catheter between the membranes around the lung. This adheres the membranes to stick together, preventing buildup of fluid in this space. Sometimes tetracycline or another antibiotic is mixed with the powder. He may experience some pain, nausea, or slight fever--all are common after this.

Thanks, Shelley. I hope it all goes well with Ian.

Marjorie

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((Ian & family)))))

• gumby
    gumby

Thinking of you guys. So sorry you have to deal with this.

Warm hugs to the family.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

(((huge great manly bear hugs)))

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Thinking of you, much Love x

• DHL
    DHL

Ian, my thoughts are with you and your loved ones you all the time.

• under74
    under74

Well, I somehow missed this thread when I was sifting through the site earlier...

All my best wishes are going out to you Ian and I know we'll be seeing you back on JWD soon.

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

(((((((((( Ian, Claire, & Family ))))))))))

So sorry to learn of your current difficulties. I pray that Ian is able to acquire much relief with the removal of the fluid and the procedure to prevent any further build-up. If and when he decides to definitely go with chemo treatments we will be here in support of it addressing his needs with our prayers, good thoughts, positive energies, and vibes.

God Bless-- Psalm 23

Love/Peace/Respect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit