CAN MEN AND WOMEN JUST BE "FRIENDS"?

by Mary 119 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

Yes, it is possible. As far as attraction goes, yes that will probably happen, doesn't mean that it will be acted on. My boyfriend has several female friends and I have several male friends. No worries! The danger is if you are becoming "friends" because you are attracted to each other but can't ( or won't ) act on that attraction for whatever reasons.

Damselfly

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tetra:Since you bring the sexuality question into the equation, are you suggesting that a bi-sexual person can have no friendships without lust?

• undercover
    undercover
    It is what you do in the end.

To dream is a wonderful thing!

Looky looky, but no touchy

• upside/down
    upside/down
    It is what you do in the "end".

I've always wanted to try that...but my dub wife says no way...

humph....

u/d (of the has definitely waited his turn class)

• trevor
    trevor

Re: CAN MEN AND WOMEN JUST BE "FRIENDS"?

Can’t see the point. It’s a bit like sitting in a car and never taking a drive!

• Pole
    Pole

I have had a few fairly close female friends that I never really felt attracted to, although they were attractive for most men (and for me if I thought about it LOL). I'm not sure if all of them felt the same towards me, though.

Pole - of the 'easy to exploit' class ;-)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Tetra:Since you bring the sexuality question into the equation, are you suggesting that a bi-sexual person can have no friendships without lust?

no. there must be exceptions to the rule that i have witnessed. take undercover for example, and his lesbian friend. i had never really heard of this before, as i always have observed men as being threatened by lesbians, or wanting to jump in. and so the same would have to go for a bi sexual. no one is making any all or nothing statements here.

anyways, how would sexuality not be part of the equation with regards this topic?

TS (waits for LT to make note of the fact that there must be exceptions to the rule regarding the paranormal too.)

• Gerard
    Gerard

I can be friends with a woman..... except when she is well endowed

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think that is impossible to most people because the sexual attraction is so strong and will always seek to disrupt any platonic relationship in case there are opportunities for intimacy.

• daystar
    daystar

greendawn,

Like I said, get the sex out of the way up front!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit