Movies to make a JW THINK

by M.J. 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

The Village put me over the edge when I watched it, as my doubts were in full effect.

-ithinkisee

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

I'd love to see "Uitgesloten". Does anyone know if it's available on DVD (with English subtitles)?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Stepford Wives...errr...retitled: Stepford Witness Wives

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I heard the village sucked. Animal Farm? WHich version? The 1954 or 1999 version?

Are there any movies that don't suck?

I can't very well say, "hey let's watch this sucky movie... no reason.... and don't mistake my desire to watch a sucky movie that talks about people using fear to control others for a hidden agenda or anything."

I think the best movie choices would have somebody held captive by fear, or their own misperceptions. Only to have their mind opened to realize just how mistaken they are, and how much better it is to live in reality. Another important thing would be movies where some evil force uses similar tactics, like the Orwellian/WT newspeak (example: old light is actually bs)

Nathan Natas mentioned a movie about a bible cult, but it isn't in print anymore so it is like $100 on amazon.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

That movie Uitgesloten sounds great. I've never heard of it before, I would LOVE to see it.

But, it's not available on Amazon. Damn, I'm gonna have to search around for this title.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I recommend The Village and Pleasantville

• greendawn
    greendawn

Spielberg's artificial intelligence and for the Orwellian world of the JWs animal farm is very suitable.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    I'd love to see "Uitgesloten". Does anyone know if it's available on DVD (with English subtitles)?

'Uitgesloten' meaning: Disfellowshipped. I will try to see if they have it with english subtitles somewhere. Danny

• M.J.
    M.J.

I found the old Animal Farm at Wal-Mart for $1. The fact that it's $1 is pretty good justification to get it.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    The fact that it's $1 is pretty good justification to get it.

So MJ, you are going to tell your wife, "hey this is $1, let's watch it"

All these movies may be great eye openers, but you have to GET THEM TO WATCH IT.... which is to say

...it can't suck.

It has to be actually entertaining on some objective level besides it's obvious parallel to the wt world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit