Movies to make a JW THINK

by M.J. 43 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

I've heard various suggestions of movies to show a dub.

Those of us with a spouse / family in the borg might find it pretty useful to rent such movies as just another way of chipping away at the indoctrination, or drawing attention to the WTS control tactics.

One movie I saw which was somewhat helpful was one called "Equilibrium", which was suggested on this board a while back. Its about a society that has acheived peace and order by requiring everyone to repress their emotions through sedatory drugs. The good thing about this one was when it showed how everyone was so indoctrinated to follow the directives of the organization in charge, with every person keeping an eye on everyone else. There was an extreme suspicion and fear of those who were harboring doubts or were secretly not complying with the program.

Anyone know of any good movies to suggest?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Life of Brian...

The Truman Show...

Butterfly Effect...

Magnolia's...

and oh yeah....Life of Brian...

u/d (of the tends to like the funny movies better class)

• M.J.
    M.J.

The Truman Show was pretty subtle in this regard, but it did show how it is desireble to escape from an "idllylic" world that is totally scripted and manipulated. Even though it was the main character's only world he ever knew, and the outside world was full of uncertainty and suffering, he empowered himself to make the break. There are lots of far-reaching implications in this film that could generate discussion and thought. Edited: U/D ya beat me to it!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

• The Villiage
    • Quest for Fire
  • MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Please will someone explain the ending of ''The Village'' to me - thanks

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Matrix?

Oh how I wish my wife would take the blue pill!!!

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

A Beautiful Mind(schizophrenic paranoia anyone?)

• nilfun
    nilfun

"Pleasantville"

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

What about 1984? I never saw it. I have a feeling it might suck even if it would be relevant.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

The exorcist!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit