Movies to make a JW THINK

by M.J. 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey, this is a subject which really interests me and I've posted about it before.

I did have some web links which I've lost , but doing a google search now, I'm sure this is a pretty good site I've seen before.

http://www.unomaha.edu/jrf/filmrevw.htm

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Regie: Mijke de Jong

Met:Nadja Hüpscher, Michiel Huisman, Elsie de Brauw, Anne Buurma, Egbert Jan Weeber, Medi Broekman,

Jaar: 2000

Boek: Uitgesloten Schrijver: Paulo van Vliet

Meer info: Online bekijken,

Serie: Telefilm

Ondanks dat de ouders van Jonathan en Koen Jehova's getuigen zijn, hechten ze veel waarde aan het normale vrije leven. Ze hebben beiden een vriendin die niet Jehova's getuige is. In de gemeenschap is het ongebruikelijk om vriendschappen te hebben met mensen die geen Jehova's getuigen zijn; met als risico om uit de gemeenschap geplaatst te worden. Hun vrienden weten ook niet dat ze Jehova's getuigen zijn. Ze worden nu voor de keuze gesteld: wel of niet Jehova's getuige te zijn. Wanneer ze voor het normale leven kiezen, heeft dat als gevolg dat hun familie en de gemeenschap niets meer met hun te maken wil hebben. Ik kan me eigenlijk niet voorstellen dat dit in werkelijkheid ook zo gaat, maar ja ik ben dan ook geen Jehova's getuige.

Quick Translation: (more or less, I try my best)

The parents of Jonathan and Koen are jehovah's witnesses, but eventhough they appricaite the normal free life. They both have a girlfriend who is not a jw. In their community it is very uncommon to have friendship with people who are not Jehova witnesses. They risk being put out of te organisation. Their friends do not know also that they are jw. When they chooce for the normal life, the result is that their family and the community don't want to have anything to do with them anymore. I can not imagine that this happens in reality, but then I am not a Jehova witness.

Uitgesloten raconte l'histoire de Jonathan, un adolescent de 17 ans, Témoin de Jéhovah. Activement impliqué dans cette communauté, il vit des jours heureux grâce à l'indulgence de ses parents. Sa vie change du tout au tout lorsqu'il tombe amoureux d'une fille qui n'est pas Témoin de Jéhovah. Lorsque la communauté découvre sa relation, Jonathan doit faire un choix : la fille qu'il aime passionnément ou ses parents bien-aimés. Il réalise alors progressivement qu'il ne peut plus faire marche arrière.

Expelled tells the story of 17 year old Jonathan, a teenager who is a Jehovah's Witness. He's actively involved in this community and enjoys a happy youth, because his parents don't limit him too much. His life changes drastically when he falls in love with a non-Jehovah girl. When his community finds out, he has to make a choice : the girl he passionately loves or his beloved parents. Jonathan slowly realizes there's no way back.

Here some pictures of the movie.

Danny

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yeah, you're right it can't totally suck, even if its a dollar. You probably have to find another reason. Like for instance I saw Animal Farm in school. Plus it's supposed to represent the USSR and it's interesting from that angle. But I do sometimes pull out obscure old movies to watch so I think I can pull it off. Another idea: if you have a DVD player in the car, you can bring along some "cheap DVDs I found" for a road trip.

• Es
    Es

Def The Village, i love that movie so much coz i can relate to it as many of the JW on here prob could too es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit