Movies to make a JW THINK

by M.J. 43 Replies latest jw friends

• berten
    berten

"Uitgesloten" http://imdb.com/title/tt0264121/

Plot summary:

High school students Coen and Jonathan are friends through being Jehovah's witnesses.

They play in a Shadows-styled Jehovah's party band and dutifully visit The Hall (ie the Jehovah's church)

as well as work the streets to convert their fellow citizens.But Jonathan's real passions lie in the secular world,

where he's a ska-loving squatter, whose relationship with visual artist Marjan soon confronts with the rules of his belief.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Midwich,

Dont want to give away the ending to The Village here, some may not have seen it. I don't know how to use the private thingy or I would.

I think the Coneheads is a good movie for them. They can see how stupid it looks when the FBI pretends to be witnesses and explain the 144,000 to them!

W.Once

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Ta, W. Once - I've PM'd you - see the top left hand corner -''Inbox'', and click on 1 new message.

• rocky220
    rocky220

"The Day After Tomorrow"

rocky220

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    "The Day After Tomorrow"

?

• Legolas
    Legolas

I think this is the correct spelling

Stigmata??

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Wait a second! This a trick question, you can't make a JW think!

• M.J.
    M.J.
    "Uitgesloten" http://imdb.com/title/tt0264121/

Okay, but you're gonna have to give me some clues on how to pronounce that! Looks interesting. I wonder if I can find that one here in the States.

One review on it:

This was a very strong and touching movie: an intelligent and realistic script, good camera-work and, not in the least, terrific actors. It were especially the three young actors who convinced me with their performances! This picture certainly gives us something to think about! I now know much more about the Jehova-religion (but I can't say this movie made me understand it). Congratulations to the film-makers for their nice job on a risky theme!
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Blade Runner.

The notion of "replicants" may lead some to rethink the resurrection teaching (which is actually recreation/cloning).

• M.J.
    M.J.

wasanelder--I didn't remember anything about JWs in Coneheads. Maybe because I didn't give a rip about 'em when it came out. I'll have to Tivo it next time it comes on!

My favorite line in that movie is when the INS guy finds out the "illegal aliens" are truly aliens from outer space and one of his suboordinates asks him (paraphrasing), "isn't this a matter for the Air Force, sir?" he replies, "If they were just visiting, yes. But when they move in and find employment, they're mine!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit