"Please wrap me in a Roman Toga" - Russell's Last Words?

by slimboyfat 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Ohhh, he said, "Give m a yogurt". Anyone named Menta Sturgeon could mess that one up, I guess.

• greendawn
    greendawn

To the group that gathered around him he said: Armageddon didn't come in 1914 so unless you make them believe that it came invisibly I will lie in disgrace in my grave, but for good measure get the pyramid nearby to protect me from their curses on the false prophet.

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

Are you sure it wasn't Royston Vasey ?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Yes slim, I have read about this. I also have a couple of DVDs about JWs & their history which mentions it. It may seem strange now, but remember that the Watchtower was founded on occultist and freemasonry symbolism.

Been reading studies in the scriptures and even the finished mystery by Rutherford (I recently bought old copies of these to prove to myself it was not 'apostate lies and exaggerations). For years after Russell's death they were still teaching about Egyptology and getting messages from the dead Russell - unfortunately his ghost did not let on to Rutherford important facts like Christ's presence hadn't begun in 1874, which Rutherford was still teaching, despite the appointment by Jesus as the FDS, which of course Rutherford was refusing to accept - all very weird.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Are you sure it wasn't Royston Vasey ?

You're thinking of Bab's Cabs, not the 4.50 from Brooklyn.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

On a train that rumbled over a Texas prairie on a fall day in 1916 a gray-haired man collapsed of a heart attack.

To a group that gathered round him, he murmured: "I've fallen, and I can't get up!"

• jeanniebeanz
  • Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I don't believe the story as related in the memorial issue and elsewhere identifies those as his last words. It was one of his last requests, however, Menta Sturgeon relates that after making the toga from a bedsheet and laying Russell bag in beg, he got very cold. Menta lay next to him in an effort to keep him warm and they laid like that with Russell shivering for several hours. During which other things must have been whispered. Menta relates that he tried to ask Russell about other things to keep his mind occupied and asked about the Parable of the Penny to which Russell replied that someone else would have to write about that. Other things were probably said, I am not sure what the actual last words were.

-Eduardo

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    ADULT COSTUME PLUS SIZE: ARAB SHEIK
    Code:0035A17311
    Price: $37.50
    Quantity in Basket: none
    ADULT COSTUME PLUS SIZE: CAESAR
    Code:01521185
    Price: $34.99
    ADULT COSTUME PLUS SIZE: TOGA ROMAN PURPLE
    Code:021786269V
    Price: $49.99
    ADULT COSTUME PLUS SIZE: TOGA ROMAN WHITE
    Code:021786269W
    ADULT COSTUME: CLEOPATRA
    Code:008000831
    Price: $29.99
    ADULT COSTUME: DESERT PRINCE OR SHEPHERD
    Code:0035A15614
    Price: $29.99
    ADULT COSTUME: EGYPTIAN DANCER
    Code:008000921
    Price: $32.50
    ADULT COSTUME: GREEK GOD
    Code:021901841PG
    Price: $32.50
    ADULT COSTUME: GREEK GODDESS
    Code:001749169
    Price: $39.99
    ADULT COSTUME: GREEK GODDESS PEACH-GREEN
    Code:021901842PG
    Price: $39.99
    ADULT COSTUME: PHARAOH
    Code:005753807
    ADULT COSTUME SEXY: CLEOPATRA
    Code:008009026
    Price: $37.50
    ADULT COSTUME SEXY: PHARAOH
    Code:008009804
    ADULT COSTUME: SPARTACUS
    Code:001749318
    ADULT COSTUME: TOGA MAN
    Code:008000949
    Price: $19.99
    ROMAN GLADIATOR SKIRT - ADULT
    Code:012643028
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Menta Sturgeon relates that after making the toga from a bedsheet and laying Russell bag in beg, he got very cold. Menta lay next to him in an effort to keep him warm and they laid like that with Russell shivering for several hours.

Imagine being found in bed with a dead guy who's wearing a toga and getting away with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit