"Please wrap me in a Roman Toga" - Russell's Last Words?

by slimboyfat 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

On the train trip back from California Russell is supposed to have asked for a toga. His personal secretary was Menta Sturgeon. He is the only one who was there to relate this event. I asked a visiting speaker from Bethell, one of the Kurzen brothers, if this was true. He said, "the old timers at Bethel say that Sturgeon was one of those creature worshipers who left after Russell died and a liar that made that up!". Thus began the lying and denial. The WT of 12/1/16 is a memorial issue to Russell and contains the story. GO to http://www.ctrussell.us/ctrussell/ctrussell.nsf/3e8bddb381ab8aff862566bd000abc73/3e27c87f6fa0355e862566eb00107c28?OpenDocument

and scroll down. Read under heading "Preperations for Death".

All kidding aside I thought Russell died of hemmorroids.

I've never seen an explicit statement as to cause of death. Is it out there somewhere?

W.Once

• minimus
    minimus

I think you mean Rutherford. Farkel says he died of "ass cancer".

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

To a group that gathered round him, he murmured: "What are you lookin' at?"

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey Minimus,

Where is the "Ass Cancer" thread? How can I read about Russell's "end"? Get it? Honestly, I heard it was piles, so ass cancer fits. I'd like to read and confirm.

W.Once

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

To a group that gathered round him, he murmured: "I told you I was sick."

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    All kidding aside I thought Russell died of hemmorroids.

It's possible to DIE from hemmhoroids? - so, Russell actually said, ''smother me in Preparation H'', and the porter mis-heard?

Sheesh, and I thought porters just had to carry cases - didn't realise they had to be efficient in toga-making AND pile cream application.

• minimus
    minimus

Look thru Farkel's comments on anything to do with Rutherford----probably from last year. I think Leolaia's comments are on a couple of very long threads that pertain to this subject of Rutherford.

• Carol
    Carol

To a group that gathered around him he murmered: play "Freebird"!

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

To a group that gathered round him, he murmured: "I wish that I had taken some guitar lessons."

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

To a group that gathered round him, he murmured: "Was it just me, or did the fish taste funny?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit