Why JW are overweight and unhealthy

by 5thGeneration 61 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

We were told at our Convention that "some" brothers and sisters exercise up to an hour or 2 a day. "Some" even join gyms. Then we were told that this would be "self-serving" and a real waste of valuable time better spent on theocratic things.

OUCH!

No wonder so many of us are out of shape and obeise.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

i might be overweight, but i am in shape.

personally, i think that there are just as many fat worldly people as there are fat JWs.

Why does fat matter?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

OMG! Some even joined gyms?! What were they thinking?

• undercover
    undercover

So while obesity has become a national problem(for the US anyway) and people are urged to get more exercise and eat better, "Godly wisdom" as distributed by the WTS says that proper exercise is "self-serving" and a waste of valuable time? Walking door to door is all the exercise we need then?

F***ing bastards...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Why does fat matter?

High blood pressure

Hidh clolesterol

diabetes

Heart disease

Results from being overweight, this is not to say the every fat person will have these conditions, but they are more susceptible to them

• kls
    kls

Jws overweight and outashape ?Come on ,they have the thinnest fingers i have ever seen from pushing all them door bells.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

This is nothing new. My ex-brother in law was criticized for buying a rowing machine and staying in shape in the 80's. Knuckleheads...

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

*** w56 12/1 p. 712 Pursuing My Purpose in Life ***

By far the greater proportion of the people in Glasgow live in tenement buildings (apartments, three or four stories high, without elevators). I spent many evenings and weekends climbing up and down those stairs. I certainly had all the exercise required to keep me fit.

• upside/down
    upside/down

You won't need to excercise in the NS...

so why now?

u/d (of the where do they come up with this crap class)

• carla
    carla

Why does fat matter? Well, it is as unhealthy as smoking and they don't tell people they have six months to get rid of their body fat or risk being df'd do they? It seems to me they would rather be sitting next to pedophile than a smoker. The wt will say that smoking is not in accordance with bible teachings, yet obesity and gluttony aren't either. To be reallly healthy they should be drinking their 6-9 glass of water a day, keeping away from high fat foods, processed foods, etc... It isn't really that fat matters or not, it's just the hypocrisy of the org that is annoying. carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit