If you were bullied at school for being a JW kid..

by mtbatoon 48 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    and then even the bullies kept away from me

Midwich if you gave serious looks like those in your avatar then I am not surprised the bullies never went anywhere near you...im scared now!!! .

Whats the story behind the Midwich Cuckoo then...pardon my ignorance!

DB74

• joelbear
    joelbear

i always made pals with guys like Richie and they protected me.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    would you thank the bullies now?

Hell no! They made me miserable for about three years. I sort of detached from the world and went inward. Before this I was a normal kid-I had friends, celebrated holidays, and had a huge extended family. We also moved around alot at this time, so that also shook me up.

But, I no longer am angry at them. I developed coping mechanisms, like humor, and the ability to mentally shift gears very quickly. I also learned to observe minute things, this is sort of a natural talent, but it was honed by whatching people and situations. On the down side, I learned fear, still have social anxiety, and learned to be mistrustfull of people in general.

I would not change my past, I would only wish that I could recover from it faster.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    would you thank the bullies now?

Yes and no. OTOH, it's emotionally crippling. OTOH, it helps one to realize how far out and illogical JW beliefs really are when you try to explain it (esp. on birthdays).

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    If I went into detail on the abuse my brother and I took (because JW's don't fight back)

Wow, our parents were sure different. The first thing my dad would ask me when I came home with a bruise or missing hair was, "Well? Did you win?"

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Well I want to thank all of them that had enough sympathy to not physically pound on me. I'd say they made up 80% - roughly. I could take being ostrasized, verbally ridiculed and even learned to be very comfortable as a loner.

But there was that horde in Gr. 7, 8 that periodically either pelted me with crab apples or grabbed me by my arms and legs, swinging me back and forth, and tossing me forward (almost always landed ventral side down). Blasted yard supervisors never saw it. The only reason I wasn't exceedingly pounded by them was because they saw I didn't snitch on them and I was mostly something to do when they were bored. But how I would have liked to have slipped megadoses of laxatives into their lunches as payback.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    i always made pals with guys like Richie and they protected me.

Thats right. The little man's friend, RR

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Not really, but I was bigger then most, so no one bothered me, during my high school years I kept it quiet and no one knew, then in Grade 12, STUPID ME, someone asked me out of the blue if I was a JW. And STUPID ME said yes, costed me all my friends, so not bullied, but centered out and ignored, I still remember the day like it was yesterday.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Not really, but I was bigger then most, so no one bothered me, during my high school years I kept it quiet and no one knew, then in Grade 12, STUPID ME, someone asked me out of the blue if I was a JW. And STUPID ME said yes, costed me all my friends, so not bullied, but centered out and ignored, I still remember the day like it was yesterday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit