If you were bullied at school for being a JW kid..

by mtbatoon 48 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

..would you thank the bullies now?

I must admit that the social pressure was a large factor in my exiting. Though it was hell at the time I'd rather that than life as as Dub now.

Thank you bullies.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I didn't really get that bullied about it - most of them were jealous to be honest as being a JW meant I didn't have to sit through long boring assemblies - little did they know that the 10 minute morning assembly was nothing compared to the 4 day long ones I did have to attend!

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you ever talked to sex crazed teenagers about the "need" for moral laws in life you would end up getting reviled and bullied.

What does morality mean they would tell you in disgust.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I would say i got teased, but not bullied really. It was hard, cos you're young and you cant explain properly why you dont do xmas/birthdays- not to get kids to understand anyway.

But, I found that once you got to a certain age, they respected you no matter what you are.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

No, I wouldn't thank them, for victimising me over something that I had no control over. Unfortunately, being a good little drone, the more horrible people were to me, the more it confirmed that I had the truth, and worldings were shits that deserved to die.

My exit began mentally when, in my early twenties, I started working at a place where people were educated, open minded, and kind to me.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think i managed to present it all in a glamorous light.

ie they would say so you don't get any presents for christmas or birthdays?

ME: I get presents all year round and never know when they are coming so its much more of a surprise. (dramatic sigh, gazing with pity) Must be awful to only get presents twice a year!

or if the teacher said we all had to stay behind for detention for being rowdy I'd get up and leave and if challenged would say that my parents and religion did not approve of extra-curricular activities and say so I must decline your kind offer.

If anything my excuse to be rebellious under the guise of obeying my parents and religion gave me status - people couldn't believe I would talk like that to the teachers.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

You were using 'the force' Crumpet. Mind tricks.... very good.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I was never bullied at school but my elder brother was.

I doubt very much that he'd thank the bullies, hes a bit of a social retard, has anger issues, is way too judgemental and worst of all is still a witness.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    or if the teacher said we all had to stay behind for detention for being rowdy I'd get up and leave and if challenged would say that my parents and religion did not approve of extra-curricular activities and say so I must decline your kind offer.

I used that one!!!!! LMAO. till my mother found out at parents evening...she put a stop that alright...."no thats not true Mr Teacher...if he misbehaves you put him in detention...." grrr sometimes I hated her LOL

DB74

• under74
    under74

mmm... I got bullied at times but it wasn't by kids (the kids just teased now and then) but a couple teachers I had. I would never thank them for that.

I really feel bad for witness kids. No matter how annoying and gung ho.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit