PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!! Disfellowshiped without a meeting with elders?!?!?!

by chok 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I am just here to tell you that yes..it does happen. It happened to me the second time around. I even talked to them, and they told me they would call back after I had a bit to think on my actions. After not hearing from them, I called my mother. She told me I had been announced disfellowshipped and hung up on me.

Two years ago I got the nerve up to call the elder who was on the call. And he said that that is not how it happened. I said "oh really?"

PS. I also questioned why did he get to stay in the congregation when he was a married elder and was screwing a pioneer. And I was not and was not screwing a pioneer. And how in the hell could he have a say in my reinstatement, when all the while he was doing this? He did a fast tap dance and gave me a hearfelt plea to come back to Jehovah. No answer.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Yes, they can make an announcement at the KH that you are 'no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.' Consequences of DA or DF are the same. What's really interesting is that they don't tell you an announcement has been made to the congregation. Rocky's announcement was made June 7. As far as I know, they have not made an announcement concerning me, but none of the elders has called to tell me I am married to a DF'd person. You'd think I might want to know? or that maybe they should DF me too?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It's their ball, their bat, and their glove. They make the rules.

Nathan,

You may have overlooked the most important element here............it's THEIR ballpark too. The JWs are only there to play ball exactly the way the WTS says they can.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I'm sorry for your dilemma and the injustice oozing forth from that organization of brotherly love. I'm sure the Holy Spirit is directing them to make you feel like dirt. It's "their way" dontcha know.

hugs,

Annie

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I had faded for about 10 years (counting from the time I stopped going out in field service). Last September I left my wife and moved in with another woman. Six months later an old elder friend and the new CO show up on my doorstep, and a couple of weeks after that I'm invited to a judicial committee hearing.

I don't believe that they can take judicial action against you unless they've tried to contact you and invited you to a committee hearing. Has that happened - as far as you know?

In my case, they told me that despite my having been essentially inactive for about a decade, that prior to that I had been so prominent in the New England area as an elder, assembly overseer, pioneer school instructor, etc., that they felt they simply had to take official action against me.

I then wrote them a 10-page letter (this was several months ago now), which I hand-delivered to the PO the day before they had scheduled a judicial committee meeting with me. In that letter I spelled out very clearly (the letter is posted here on-line at this site if you just do a search of my posts) that I had long before left the JWs, and that I considered their actions a form of harrassment. I told them that I would sue the body of elders personally and individually (NOT the WTS - which has a bank-load of lawyers, which they will not send out to defend individual elders) for failing to follow WTS policy with regard to dealing with those who have left the Witnesses and the WTS.

Check out that letter - I haven't heard a word for months from the local elders - not a peep since I handed them that letter. I fought the disfellowshipping (and their requests that I just state that I no longer considered myself a JW - the new standard for disassociating oneself) because I think the whole arrangement sucks, and I have mucho family still in the JWs and I didn't want to have to add the complication of shunning to those relationships.

It might help you. Good luck, my friend.

S4

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Chok,

So sorry you are going through this. I hope you are able to stop those guys. They're out of control. They sort of did it the old way, I guess, with my sister by sending her a registered letter saying if you don't show up to this judicial committee at this time and date, you are automatically disfellowshipped. And she was df'd just like that. I've drifted for about 4 or 5 years. I know my mom has called the elders on me too, but thank goodness, in the town I was living in, they were like, lady, we don't care, we don't even know her. So it is really different with each town. Good luck with the legal action if you go that route. Maybe it will stall/scare them off.

GG

• chok
    chok

roybatty

the PO is on the committee!!!!

I guess my time is up, and I have just been pushed off the fence. But as my wise brother said to me, its time to move on and start living now!

chok

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Chok,

Did you asked them what the charges were and ask for it in writing from the committe? See what happens.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

How's it going? Is it too late to use Cease and Desist notices? This is a tactic I've advocated for a long time.

Have a bunch of 'Cease & Desist' notices printed up and ready. Send one to each elder in your cong' by Recorded Delivery (signature on receipt). Tell your elders that you WILL pursue them through all legal means available, not the Society, THEM!

Address: Line 1

Address: Line 2

Address: Line 3

Address: Line 4

Tel:

Fax:

Email

TO:

DATED:

OF:

Take note.

I am requesting that you personally and the elders from the [your local] Congregation of Jehovah?s Witnesses collectively, cease and desist from calling on me anymore.

I would like to make it clear that I am in no way disassociating myself from any congregation, office or organization associated with Jehovah?s Witnesses. I know that I have legal rights. I am fully aware of the possibility of illegalities occurring and wish to prevent them.

I have the right to not have mental suffering intentionally inflicted upon me. I have the right to privacy and the right to forbid any of my personal information being publicized, either verbally or in written form. And I have the right to be free from unwarranted and untruthful attacks upon my character. If you infringe upon these rights, I may take legal action.

I will consider any attempt to convince by speeches, talks or teaching; to coerce by implied or actual threat of judicial action; or to encourage by private counsel or suggestion to any of Jehovah?s Witnesses to treat me differently from any other person, to be a serious violation of my civil rights and I may initiate any legal action, civil or criminal that I or my solicitor deem appropriate. This includes any attempt to convince by speeches, talks or teaching; to coerce by implied or actual threat of judicial action; or to encourage by private counsel or suggestion to any of Jehovah?s Witnesses to shun, ?mark? or avoid me, cease or otherwise modify their doing business with me, or modify in any way their behavior towards me. I may consider any such to be an infringement upon my civil and human rights and may initiate appropriate legal action.

This request to cease and desist from harassment, stalking, slandering, and/or infringing on my rights includes any actions to be taken by any congregation of Jehovah?s Witnesses and particularly the [your local] Congregation of Jehovah?s Witnesses it?s individual elders or it?s legal corporation, the Governing Body of Jehovah?s Witnesses or it?s legal corporations, The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Great Britain., the International Bible Students Association, or any other agency not here named, including all or any agents or assignees against me.

You have been warned.

Mr/Ms/Mrs [your name]

• WILKO
    WILKO

In short no. After you stopped association with the congregation for about six months or so they dont usually bother anyway. But they are supposed to give you a chance to repent. Shouldnt bother about it if i were you, they are the ones in the wrong so guess what, they get destroyed if and when armageddon comes.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

They are supposed to tell you that they want to meet with you, if you don't go they can make up their mind to DF you by default. They are then supposed to phone you and let you know when your announcement is in order to give you time to appeal - you get a week (according to the OM book) HOwever I know from personal experience that they don't phone you - they didn't call me, I found out from a family member that they had DFed me, but by that stage I couldn't appeal - I didn't even want too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit