PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!! Disfellowshiped without a meeting with elders?!?!?!

by chok 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I don't know what the laws are in the UK, but here in america a religious organization can revoke the membership of anyone anytime they want without cause. It is actually illegal for a court to investigate any internal religious matters.

• chok
    chok

how come freedom???

what would you do?

Chok

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think freedom is refering to a Slander lawsuit.

You may want to showup at the meeting when you will be announced as DFed and video the recording so that you have evidence of the act of slander.

• blondie
    blondie

DF'd without a JC

Did they try to contact you? Phone call, visit, letter (registered). In this area the elders send a registered letter, 3 times first. Then if they have 2 eyewitnesses to the "wrongdoing" they can DF you. Here they send a 4th registered letter letting you know of their decision and wait 7 days after signed receipt of the letter or refusal of the letter before making the announcement.

I don't think of fading meaning that you openly live with someone of the opposite sex, smoke at work in front of a JW employee, put up a huge Christmas tree outside your house, or a flag.

Not that you did any of these things.

You can try what was suggested, write a letter appealing the decision. What will happen then is they merely look for evidence that you are repentant.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When you showup with the video camera and an elder asks you why you have it, just smile and say you are thinking about sueing them for slander if they go forward with DF.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ask for in writing the charges for which you were DF'd, make sure to ask for them in writing, the elders hand book say that if asked they should provide. They will try to fight you on this piont don't give in demmand it as something totally fair and don't accept a no can do answer.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If this causes you distress and you approach a lawyer to discuss it - if a third party such as the police or the lawyer sees the way you have been treated as harrassment then you have a case under the freedom from harrassment law (1995?) Your lawyer can then issue a letter to the elders saying that if any announcement about you is made then you will be pressing charges against the persons concerned, as any such announcement would affect your reputation and how you are treated by your family. (I think it is called a 'cease and desist' ) Harrassment in some cases is where an an individual is singled out for special treatment that makes him feel distress or humiliation. Also when an individual or group attempts to influence how others treat you and ensuing treatment causes you distress or humiliation, that is harrassment under the act. You must move quickly, but if they do make the announcement, approach a firm with a no win no fee policy and serve writs on those elders. If nothing else make an example of them so others hesitate to follow in their footsteps. There is a section on the website for Witness Aid UK that deals with the legal issues of not being allowed to leave with dignity. Google the name of its founder anthony Roberts to find it. The WT keeps hounding his ISPs and shutting him down so has moved a lot.
    HB

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think we're seeing the new express shunning lane in operation. All they have to do is observe some behavior that does not conform to Witness rules and they can disassociate a person without informing them and start right in shunning them. This message was brought to you from the loving, spirit directed, god's (TM) organization, aka, Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think Hamsterbait has a great idea. Get hold of a lawyer ASAP. You might even want to take off work tomorrow to ensure the lawyer is able to take action.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Yes they can. It probably varies from congregation to congregation, but if the elders have made what they believe are fair attempts to contact you in order to either 1) have you meet with two elders who are investingating you or 2) have you meet with a JC and you simply do not call them back, they will df you.

There were a few times when I was an elder in which we called the person a couple of times and left messages and / or stopped by their home. If they didn't contact us, we df'd them. And don't expect any sympathy from the CO or most in the congregation. It ain't coming.

If you want to put up a roadblock, call the PO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit