PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!! Disfellowshiped without a meeting with elders?!?!?!

by chok 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• zagor
    zagor
    I think we're seeing the new express shunning lane in operation. All they have to do is observe some behavior that does not conform to Witness rules and they can disassociate a person without informing them and start right in shunning them. This message was brought to you from the loving, spirit directed, god's (TM) organization, aka, Jehovah's Witnesses.

LOL, yup I guess you are among the first in line to benefit from this new arrangement, there are millions more to come. About a half of this board membership I'd imagine

• JH
    JH

Can they also reinstate you without notice....

• chok
    chok

JH - thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

Chok

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I would either follow Hamsterbait's instructions, or find a "cease and desist" letter on the net, print it off and hand it directly to every elder in the hall, and to the elder doing the announcements just in case. Make sure that it states that if they slander your reputation, you will sue the elders directly.

Kwin

• Purza
    Purza
    I have just received a call from my dad saying it will be announced tomorrow that I have been disfellowshipped

Just out of curiosity. Is your dad an elder? If not, why was he "allowed" to find out ahead of time about the announcement?

Purza

• delilah
    delilah

Hmmmmm.....guess it's just a matter of time before I hear if I've been DF'd without my knowledge....so far, so good. I haven't been to the KH for over 8 years now. I feel for you, good luck.

Delilah

• Rod P
    Rod P

Well, when I was a JW back in the 1960's it wasn't that way.

Looks to me like Jeehoba's Loving Organization now operates on the basis of "You are guilty unless and until you can prove your innocence under their Theocracy Rules".

I guess it's just a waste of time to have to go thru meetings to hear your side of the story.

Can you imagine what our judicial systems within our democracies would be like if they operated under the JW rules? Reminds me of a certain guy who started the 2nd World War (along with those characters he was surrounded with). Can you say "Dictatorship"?

However, I am reminded that the JW's are not a Democracy (government by the people, of the people and for the people. They are a Theocracy (God ruled.) Don't you just love Jeehober's sense of Divine Justice?!!!!

This whole thing would simply be a joke, if it wasn't such a sad travesty.

Rod P.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Chok - The 'cease and desist' thing might work.

When we started to 'fade' I inadvertantly did about that. I had heard that I was being called a borderline apostate by the elders. I fired off an email to one of the guilty ones, saying in effect that 'I will not tolerate such slander, there are laws that will assure that if needed'. After that I got shunned, but never any hostile contact from the elders. Of course, I have been out just about the same 18 months or so that you have been, so who knows? But mention of legal action seemed to put them silent.

Blondie makes a good point though; open actions that defy the organization would set you in a postition to be investigated. A good fader is an invisible fader.

Jeff

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: Can they do this?

A.: It's their ball, their bat, and their glove. They make the rules.

You didn't mention why this is so troubling to you. Do you want to be a JW or not?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Chok,

I know you may not see this the same way...but I was DFed about 15 years ago. It was a blessing in disguise. Now? I wouldn't change a thing.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit