**MUST READ** AlanF's email to Knocking.org

by sf 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Great stuff. I like the quote by Carl Sagan. What did he mean by "They announced that the world _had_ in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout" ? I don't remember that. Did they actually say something like that, or is he just referring to their refusal to let go of 1914 as an important date?

From the masthead of the Jan. 1, 1930 Watchtower (and typical of the mastheads for several years):

TO US THE SCRIPTURES CLEARLY TEACH:

THAT THE WORLD HAS ENDED; that the Lord Jesus has returned and is now present; that Jehovah has placed Christ Jesus upon his throne and now commands all nations and people to hear and obey him.

• TRUTH SEEKER
  • SWALKER
    SWALKER

Great information and writing. I sure hope this gives pause to the producers before airing this show!!!

Thanks for all your hard work and insight!

Swalker

• roybatty
    roybatty

Thanks for sharing that letter. Did he ever receive a reponse from the filmakers?

• avengers
    avengers

btt

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Wow! Good stuffs.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I checked their website, www.knocker.org. It really looked like they were intending to portray the JWs in a solely positive manner, as "civil liberty fighter", "fighting against Hitlers nazism", etc, even in the blood-transfusion-issue they were portrayed in a positive light. I couldn`t believe my eyes. Who are these guys, making this documentary, and why are they such JW-lovers? What about the thousands that died due to the blood-policies, what about the hundreds, or thousands of children that has died because of the blood-policies? What about the WTBTS`s flip-flopping back and forth on this issue, not to mention organ transplants? And what about the initial attempts to befriend Hitler, and that the stand against nazi-Germany came only AFTER Hitler rejected this attempt? Who are these guys making this movie (and what planet are they from...)? Anyone know anything more about this?

• jukief
    jukief

Hi Kate! Did you know I'm going to be in Portland next week? I'll send you an email; hope we can get together. Oh--just wanted to note that Alan's master's degree isn't from MIT; his bachelor's degree is. He got his master's in Oregon. He's pretty smart, but he's also pretty cute and an awfully good husband. I'm a lucky gal.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Hey Julie! Hiya! How are you?

and a little BTTT

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

AlanF,

I would like to Thank you for writing this letter.

It is important to let the outside world know how destructive and dangerous the WT cult is.

DL76

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit