Another 607 / 587 BCE question, How do JW's fix the 20 years ??

by run dont walk 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    and there may be some gaps in the record -

LOL! The only gaps are between their ears!

What the GB says---stays! It's their "story", and they're stickin' to it!

Annie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

They got away from giving different kings specific reignal terms. By leaving it open, a difference of 20 years isn't hard to cover up.

Kwin

• kid-A
    kid-A

I have a copy of "Thy Kingdom Come" with the whole chapter on Russells "Pyramidology" rubbish. He calculated the 1914 dates based on some ridiculous chamber-antechamber

wall measurements from the pyramid of Giza. Danny Haszard has this info on his website. This chapter by C.T. Russell was one of the weirdest, spookiest forays into occultism that

I have ever read, and I think it is required reading for anybody wanting to understand where old Chuck T. came up with his 1914 calculations.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Easy. Just don't talk about it in any detail and don't list sources that might cast doubt on their assertions.

Before the internet, this worked because most of the witlesses were too ignorant or lazy to go to a good library and know how to use it.

Any way Russell said the GTs started in 606 (he got that from Bishop Cranmers chronology of the 17th century via the Adventists) I have seen chronology charts from 19th C. showing 606. It was several years later that they realised no year zero and added 1 to make 607.

The reasoning is based on the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar, 29 ad from which the beginning of the 70 weeks of years is found by counting back. Add 70 years gets 607. Then assuming that the GTS did start then count forward to 1914. By now the average dub has glazed eyes:arithmetic "THATH HARRD" Gee the slave sure is smart but then it has god's spirit.

By searching their literature they give the same length of reigns for all the relevant monarchs, but these are scattered around in different places. No dub will remember anyway. If you piece these WT quotes together, the moment they suspect you are not being supportive of the slave dogma,training not to listen kicks in and they cry APOSTASY.

Most dubs accept the satement that Ptolemy's chronology of Babylonian kings is incomplete, which is true, but not for the reasons implied by the WTBS. Ptolemy only mentions a monarch if a significant astronomical event occurred during his reign. It is an astronomical text, not a history book. WT claims that if Ptolemy is incomplete how do we know other histories are not incomplete? WTBS have so undermined ability to think critically (in the good way) and confidence in non witless educated peoples honesty that by now they could say the moon is made of cheese and the dubs would preach it door to bore.

HB

• Legolas
    Legolas

I must say sorry to "dannybloem". I was too harsh on him, just a bad day I guess. He reminds me of another guy on a guest book web site that is 'always' upsetting people who just left the society. So any way sorry dannybloem!! Thanks Yvonne

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How will they fix it?..Simple..In 20 years they`ll say they never said any such thing..It worked for the 1975 prediction of Armagedon....Sad but true...OUTLAW

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

DannyBloem was trying to make a joke - but obviously, he should have known better, 'cause you don't joke with such things, it seems, at least not without being punished.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    To DANNYBLOEM...

Where on EARTH are you getting your information and the year "2620" ????? Do you know how to add or subtract?????

2620-1914= 706

Go back to school!!!

Oops, it was kind of late, and I was not very clear anymore. Anyway I always had troubles with there calculations. Well any year is as good as another,....

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Been reading these 607 threads with great interest, but it`s hard, math was never my favorite subject, twisting my mind here to follow you all. So, to sum it up: The Bible mentions no numbers, other than the "in the...18th year of king...something-something...Jerusalem was desolated and remanined so for 70 sabbathical years bla bla bla". The Bible never mentions any other dates, like 607 bc, 587 bc, 537 bc, etc? Please correct me if I`m wrong, I left at a young age, just now trying to learn what I missed out on on meetings...(zzzz )

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    The Bible never mentions any other dates, like 607 bc, 587 bc, 537 bc, etc?

it would be a bit strange to start counting before the start right. Like we live now in the year -607.

Anyway just like most tribes did in that area, they started each time a new king came to power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit