Another 607 / 587 BCE question, How do JW's fix the 20 years ??

by run dont walk 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legolas
  • DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

If is possible that Jezus came in 1914. It folows that if we take 2620 something years back we come in 607. So undoubdly 607 is the year of destruction of Babylon. With this fixed date 607, we lok at daniel profecy and add 2620 years. We see clearly that beyond all doubt Jezus returned as king in 1914.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    If is possible that Jezus came in 1914.

Prove it.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

I asked a brother at the hall about this date, he said its in the Bible but used in some different kind of jew calendar.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Russell also used the pyramids, let's not forget the stone prophet, to back his 1914 date and that shows how trustworthy the quality of his date calculations are. It's all down to arbitrary suppositions.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Jourles,

Prove it.

I did, see above. perfect circle reasoning.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Run Dont Walk: according to my phone call to WTS "its only 20 yrs" this is not important to them, the 607BCE date is taking 537BCE the Cyrus decree that exiles could return to rebuild the walls PLUS 70 years of exile/desolation (a time period with many different thoughts of what consitutes the 70 years) add the 70 to 537and guess what you have 607 BCE.

Now when mentioning doing the math (thanks to KISS) from the mutally agreed pivitol date of 539 BCE taking the Babylonian Kings list from their publications and secular history and getting to 587BCE I was told that was because I was doing "traditional math", duh, hello!!!! No I must use the Bible only as to have the correct dates (bible does not give years) but that does not matter. But remember the Society has completely rewritten history backwards from their 607BCE date so all dates in the Watchtower, Awake, Books, Brochures, etc. are using dates that do not match anyone secular history but you will not find any disclaimers to this, thus the vast majority of JW's do not have a clue that these are not dates that the REST of the WORLD HISTORY accepts.

The Society will not give up 1914 because they loose 1919 as the appointed sole channel of God, therefore will continually uphold 607BCE.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but it's a DOG, per WTS.

As my mother would say "you lie down with dogs and you get fleas".

Peace

Sheri

• Legolas
    Legolas

To DANNYBLOEM...

Where on EARTH are you getting your information and the year "2620" ????? Do you know how to add or subtract?????

2620-1914= 706

Go back to school!!!

• Sheri
    Sheri

Whoa, peace brother, such big font you have. Give him a break, just might have been typoooooo.

Peace

Sheri

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

1914 is one of many predictions by Russel. But if you throw enough S*#@ at the wall, it's bound to hit something. That something was the start of WWI, so they have to cling to that date like a baby to mommy's tit. If someone predicted the end of the world for every year leading up to 2001 - he would say, "look - something pivitol happened (9/11). I must be the chosen one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit