Smurf away

by damselfly 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Huxley
    Huxley

My parents decided to get rid of my smurfs as a kid too. Now I have three adorning my dashboard. An angel, a pirate, and a hobo smurf.

It's strange because a friend of mine grew up with protestant parents and they had a lot of the same 'smurf legends' regarding demonized stuffed animals, wallpaper etc...

Huxley

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My parents made me tear up a book once that I had bought from the little book club mags we got at school. I think it was about witches but I dont remember because I never got to read the book. Now I read whatever the hell I want and I have never encountered a demon.

Josie

• shera
    shera

Hehehe,I didn't gorw up in the JW's,so I didn't miss out on that stuff,thankfully.

Live it up everyone and heal that soul that missed out on the harmless stuff.

I rememeber when I was a JW,kids couldn't watch teenage mutan turtles,and the smurfs came up enough.,no cabbage patch dolls....no Aladdin,even tho alot of jw did watch that disney movie.

Geshhh,even when I was a child,I had dreams about my toys,dolls and if I did grow in it,every toy would have been taken away.LOL!

" Ban all toys fello brothers and sisters,they can cause your children to bring demons into your home and their minds!"

• damselfly
    damselfly

Shera I never heard about the cabbage patch kids. What was the reason behind that I wonder?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Damselfly, I just "bttt'd" my "What type of Smurf are you?" thread from a while back.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I saw a Family Guy cartoon where they did a quick Smurf scene.

One smurf said to the other: "Dude, Smurfett totally smurfed me in the car!"

• talesin
    talesin

Feelin' Smurfy today!

I missed all the hoopla, there were no smurfs when I was JW, but I think they're fun.

Oh, how I wanted to watch the Outer Limits! That was soooo forbidden when I was a kid.

Halloween was the holiday I wanted so much. I still dress up if I can find a party, or live somewhere that I can give out candy! I love Halloween. :) I have my composition book from 3rd grade, and I had to write a story about what I did on Halloween,,, it's too cute, but sad as well. All about a black cat perched on the fence, and how there was a witch cackling, Ah, I had to make it up, and hey, wasn't allowed out of the house after school on that day .,,, all those demonz you know! So the imagination ran wild ...

tal

* never growing up, either* class

• damselfly
    damselfly

Damselfly, I just "bttt'd" my "What type of Smurf are you?" thread from a while back. Thanks Franban, I'm colicky smurf or maximus smurf depending on what alias I go by. Aaaaahhhhh, smurfs are fun!

• Sith
    Sith

"Does anyone else have anything similiar that they were denied as a kid, but now enjoy ?"
    I really like self-abuse

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wasn't allowed to use any wheels or right-angles because of their satanic origins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit