Smurf away

by damselfly 40 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

We couldn't watch Scooby Doo because it had ghosts.

My mom told me that too and then added that she had heard that a little boy hung himself after watching it and she didn't want me to do the same.

Yup and I have plans to jump off a bridge later too. For gods sake I was 5! I think that was too much information.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was really missing the Christmas spirit and atmosphere, the tree its ornaments especially the lights, the songs and the presents. And the special food associated with it.

I can also remember the smurf song of Father Abraham, it was sweet and I loved it, I have it now as an mp3.

• 9thWonder
    9thWonder

Shera I never heard about the cabbage patch kids. What was the reason behind that I wonder?

I remember when the Cabbage Patch Kids first came out there was such a frenzy that the thought among JW's was that since people were fighting (literally) to get them for their children for Xmas (like they do whenever a new toy is released at Xmas time) the demons must have had some influence on them. At least, that's my best recollection.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thanks 9thwonder, I was hoping someone would answer that.

• shera
    shera

Sorry missed your question!

Shera I never heard about the cabbage patch kids. What was the reason behind that I wonder?

The story I heard,was the children were treating them too much like human babies and this was causing the dolls to become demonized.

So stupid.

• talesin
    talesin

Shera,

Yes, I remember discussing it w/ parents, same answer.

Talk about whacked!

tal

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Paranoia and JWs go hand in hand.

Me I love Papa smurf and Brainy and Grady and all the other smurfs and smurfette.

Valis remember the contest you had a couple of years ago and you gave away smurf stickers. and you send me one and now to me you are a big jolly smurf. with a beer belly.

Hooray for smurf, ghosts, goblins and christmas, valentines day and all the other fabulous things we were deprived of when we were being brainwashed in the infamous organization known of course by all as the WTBS.

Here here for SMURF's

Love orangefatcat =^.^=

your frendly puddytat.
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

All things Boop were denied me in my youth. Disgraceful and damaging to a young womans feelings of smurfy-ness if you ask me.

I have since made up for this lack of Boop in my youth, by gathering smurfy quantities of the Boop in my old age... lol

J

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

Idol worship. I am having a second adolescence, buying all sorts of memorobilia, hanging posters of Kurt on my wall, wearing T-shirts with his likeness, etc. I love it. My office (which thankfully, no clients ever see) is a shrine to Kurt. My dad (we own a business together) is mortified, ("How old are you?" he says, and, "This is very unprofessional.") but he keeps buying me posters, journals, videos, etc. of Kurt as some sort of penance for my childhood.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*wispers...Kurt who?*

Jean

(clueless class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit