MY ADVENTURE AT THE ASSEMBLY......

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

What a great post! Loved all of it.

I haven't been exposed to Witness Think in many, many years and it is so sad that absolutely NOTHING has changed.

In the immortal words of W.C. Fields, " There's a sucker born everydaaaaay."

Thanks again for the laugh, Mary.

• Mary
    Mary

Frog said: Mary's back!! you really scared a few people on da board, they thought you'd be swallowed up by the convention monsters!

Sorry bout dat.......I was so damn tired when I got home last night (the god damn thing spiritual food didn't end until after 5:00pm).

Ascot asked: Did you finally get your drink??

I think the appropriate question is: Did you get your drinks The answer is "yepper!"

Luna asked: Glad you made it back okay. Are you going tomorrow too?

Dear god, no........one day of that hell was enough for me. I don't think I'll be able to make it.

I quit asked: I don't know if you feel like answering this but I'm curious. If you hate it so much why do you stay?

Mostly for my family, although I've only been to one meeting in the last 4 months!

Confusedjw said: PHEW! Thanks for the review. I was afraid they had convinced you to come back.

Na, but I'm considering starting my own religion. My uncle (another ex-Dub who "hates those bastards!" with a passion) could help me fleece the flock really well.......I already got people lined up fer "healing"!!

Mouthy said: Thanks Mary was hanging around to find out how my "long lost brothers" were feeding the bleep

They're force-feeding them........after all, we "can't afford to be picky eaters now"

Talesin said: I bow to your superlative wit.

Ah shucks Talesin......that's jes the Canuck in me!

Potleg said: Thanks Mary, sorry you had to sit through this garbage.

Well it was a real freaking trial let me tell you quite a long day......I really wish I had had eaten some magic mushrooms like John did on Patmos I had been paying closer attention so that the afternoon coulda flown by to "gleen" all the spiritual food that was provided.

Cordelia asked: were you at the manchester one/ im not sure where your from

Nope, I'm in Canada.........but it's probably all the same shit sermons spiritual food everywhere in the world.

• Grace
    Grace

I can't thank you enough for this post! I laughed until dark tears of mascara were rolling down my cheeks.

Keep writing ... and I'll keep reading. This post truly does make sense!

Grace Spirit

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Its like they bottle this crap, and pump it into the coliseum.

The exact same thing happened here in NC! and just imgaine all three days of it!

• potleg
    potleg

The only ship the GB is running is a dictatorship...obay, or we throw you overboard.

• Es
    Es

heheheh what an entertaining read es

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Wonder how many of the dubs missed the Live8 concerts as a result of being at the convention over the weekend and wonder how many have put their names on the 'make poverty history' website. Of course the shite that gets spued from the convention is more life saving than any help the charities and governments can offer to Africa...yeah right.

Excellent post...great to hear you got to see War of the Worlds too....excellent film.

DB74

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thankyou for sharing your DC Experiences with us, Mary.

I especially can relate to:

To start my day with: as I was walking down the street towards hell the ASSembly, I went to cross halfway across the road when a cheese and cracker brother told me that I should "cross at the light so that others can see that Jehovah's people are law abiding citizens.

It's all about showing how good the Dubs are. *gagging and holding stomach*

The cult villifies Christian churches because they show love to their neighbor no matter how it looks or appears.

How disgusting!!

I'm glad I finally saw through their hypocritical Bullshit.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So, tell me about War of the Worlds. Is it worth going to see?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

LT: Its well worth £5 to see...I thoroughly enjoyed it...the special effects were fantastic and if i was to sum up the film in one word it would have to be 'relentless'....you must see it.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit