MY ADVENTURE AT THE ASSEMBLY......

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Mary

Oh my god that brought back unpleasant memories.

Isn't there something better to do - watch grass grow? paint dry? sleep? read a bad book?

• dmouse
    dmouse
    So, tell me about War of the Worlds. Is it worth going to see?

Sorry to go off topic but I couldn't resist, I went to see WotWs last night and if I were to sum it up in one word it's 'PANTS!' Go and spend your money on Jeff Wayne's musical version instead - far superior.

• Mary
    Mary
    LittleToe asked: So, tell me about War of the Worlds. Is it worth going to see?

Well I have to admit, I was somewhat disappointed. I love Steven Spielberg but I thought the storyline itself left alot to be desired. Independence Day was much better. There was one scene near the beginning where (without giving too much away) everyone's car stops working yet Tom Cruise manages to steal a van that miraculously works because the mechanic had put a new starter or something in it...... I wouldn't go see it again, but given a choice of watching that or watching new souls get baptized into this bonehead of a religion----I'll take the movie.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at Mary. You just keep getting better.

• Rex
    Rex

Wow, what a great post!!! Rex

• gumby
    gumby

LOL at Mary. You just keep getting better.

Agreed! Mary thinks out loud and isn't afraid to speak her mind when the subject matter is dubs. I'd hate ever be on her judicial committee cuz she's prolly kick all three asses in the room.

Well done Mary......I'm sure many dubs if they were honest, thought the same about the program.

Gumpostate

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

HI Mary - don't know how you made it sitting there - well done on the post absolutely brilliant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit