MY ADVENTURE AT THE ASSEMBLY......

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• desbah
    desbah

LMFAO... Great post Mary

Then they had those stupid illustrations of kids from the age of 9 - 16 and how they manage to keep up with their spirituality when there aren't enough freaking hours in the day in the face of peer pressure. They had one 17 year old talking to himself on stage debating on whether or not he should play basketball outside of school hours with worldly people. You got three guesses as to what his final decision was, and the first two don't count.

How nerdy are those stupid illustrations....I have a mental picture of a nerdy dude caring around a WT bookcase in school....LOL

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Lol MAry great post

I've never been to a jw sermon before so that was interesing for me.

Then they gave the totally bizarre illustration: If there were no synogogues, mosques or churches, where would these people meet? Apparently they'd all simultaneously stop practicing their faiths immediately all over the world because they'd be too stupid to think of meeting elsewhere. The speaker then said "Jehovah's Witnesses don't have any of the above, yet they meet on a reguylar basis." I had been dozing off not been paying close attention and I wasn't sure if I heard that right. I thought 'WTF?? That's the stupidest thing I've heard so far today"

Wow that is indeed the most STOOOOOPIDIST! thing i've ever heard! lol I can't believe the jw's would stand there and say we are so great blah blah blah we do this and the other churches don't! You many need to tell them that pride is a deadly sin

Evanescence

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yay Mary! OMG, that was the best. laughed so hard I have tears in my eyes! hahaha! Just think, more fodder tomorrow.

• Panda
    Panda

Mary, Thanks for sharing kiddo... Ya' know wouldn't you just love to stand up and say hey I haven't been hit by lightening yet and listen to where I ate and what I went to see at lunch time...

Really funny post

• blondie
    blondie
    Then they gave the totally bizarre illustration: If there were no synogogues, mosques or churches, where would these people meet? Apparently they'd all simultaneously stop practicing their faiths immediately all over the world because they'd be too stupid to think of meeting elsewhere. The speaker then said "Jehovah's Witnesses don't have any of the above, yet they meet on a reguylar basis." I had been dozing off not been paying close attention and I wasn't sure if I heard that right. I thought 'WTF?? That's the stupidest thing I've heard so far today"

I almost fell of my chair from laughing so hard when I got that part! Thanks for posting Mary, but I'm sorry you had to put yourself through this nauseating tedium.

I agree Mary and Acsot. As if there aren't millions of people who worship in private homes or rented facilities and do so on a regular basis. Almost all Bible Student groups meet in private homes or rented facilities. In my continuing investigation of local religious groups in my area, I have found many, many home worship groups, people who worship in private homes If the KHs were taken over by the government, what do JWs do? That happened in Ethiopia in the mid-70's when a Marxist government took over. Almost 3/4 of the JWs just stopped coming. How many JWs in the US or other developed countries would meet in the woods?

In the US (and many other countries), JWs have KHs valued at a minimum of $300,000 and higher. Assembly Halls are valued in the millions. A JW visiting from an African country was stunned at the elaborate KHs since he met in a grass shack and sat on horizontal wooden poles.

Great, Mary! It reminds me of how I feel when I dive into a WT study article to review.

Blondie

• greendawn
    greendawn

I haven't been to a jw assembly for 20 years and it amazes me how the same manipulation goes on, demanding from the R & F to be generous in giving to the org, but what does the org give to the R & F what are their responsibilities and do they fulfill them, eg how do they help the impoverished ex pioneers in their old age?

With the GB piloting the jw ship their fate is sealed well in advance.

• rebel8
    rebel8

OMG Mary! I can barely see because of all the tears coming out of my eyes, and I'm about to pee my pants!

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish
    Our survival depends on obeying the captain in everything, even if you've got a sneaking suspicion that you're on board the Titanic.

*snort* LMAO. Yet another mouthful of gets spat all over my monitor!

Iceberg? What iceberg?

Oh, that iceberg

ig.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Good one, Mary!

:We were also asked "Do we obey the "suggestion" not to go out for lunch?" 3 times within 15 minutes.

This one little item speaks volumes about the WTS. If one is supposed to obey something, it is not a suggestion. It is an order. The fact that the WTS considers its own members that stupid is remarkable. The fact that its own members ARE that stupid is even more remarkable.

Why would the WTS give a rat whether its members left the premises to eat lunch or not? I'd bet it is because they know their "spiritual feast" is really a pile of dog shit and if their members could leave for lunch they'd also be watching the "War of the Worlds," too and not return!

It is fun to sit back and watch the old idiots in Brooklyn losing their iron fist grip on their members and wondering why.

Farkel

• JW83
    JW83

Gold Mary, pure gold!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit