MY ADVENTURE AT THE ASSEMBLY......

by Mary 56 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Frog said,

Mary's back!! you really scared a few people on da board, they thought you'd be swallowed up by the convention monsters!
    We were also told that we should be grateful for all the crap that comes from the minds of senile old men in New York spiritual food the GB provides and that we "can't afford to be picky eaters----we have to eat everything."
    oh my!!!

you seriously snuck out half time to see War of the Worlds?! that's way classy hehee
    YES

Thank you, Mary!

I am going to print this, and read it with my father when the time is right. For a long time, I have felt that he has that same voice in his head that speaks in your evil apostate wonderfully sarcastic way.

He will not be able to suppress his humour if we are alone ,,, hahaha, no denial!

I bow to your superlative wit.

tal

• carla
    carla

I loved it! Now I get the real feel for a convention. What do they mean by not having churches, synogogues or places like that?! You should see the kh husband goes to! It is really quite beautiful on the inside, (I didn't see the 'church' part) and they have a concrete driveway & parking lot! In our neck of the woods a concrete drive is quite expensive.

The use of the word obedience is really kind of scary. And none of them probably even noticed.

Thanks for going Mary.

carla

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Mary, you are a real trooper to be able to sit through a DC.

Don't worry, the Timely Reminders™ and Warnings™ about the Dangers of the Internet™ are sure to come.

• potleg
    potleg

If they want obedience to "suggestions" like stay here for lunch, isn't that really an instruction in disguise? It's amazing how much control they try to take over a persons life and then they couple the control to Godly Obedience and lay on a big guilt trip like if you disobey us you are disobeying God himself. It makes me want to puke. Thanks Mary, sorry you had to sit through this garbage.

• delilah
    delilah

I always felt sorry for the kids who got dragged into doing those stupid dramas.....like a 17 year old boy is going to choose going out in service or going to a stupid meeting ahead of playing a healthy game of basketball with a few school friends...GIVE mE A BREAK!!!!!!!! What nonsense....and it's still the same old bulls$&*t.....after all these years. Thank god I'm on a "spiritual diet"!!!!! too many calories for me to digest, thanx...But hey, thanx Mary, for updating us.....loved the "obeying the captain on the "titanic" illustration, hahahahahaha..oh, how was the matinee, BTW????? You sneaky devil, you...

Delilah

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

We should be quick to "obey the Slave as though our lives depend on it---which it does."

how different that is from all the talks in the past about obeying god rather than men.

many many watchtower articles and talks when i was a kid was warning jw's about religions who were led by men.. they are getting more mainstream... not in a good way though!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

That was really funny...thanks for the giggles! :)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LOL!! Great review, Mary!

We were also told that the Governing Body is "steering a ship with 6,000,000 passengers on board. Our survival depends on obeying the captain in everything, even if you've got a sneaking suspicion that you're on board the Titanic.

LMAO! Isn't that the truth!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LMAO at Mary's post. If only the brother that sat next to you could read your mind.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

were you at the manchester one/ im not sure where your from, i have just come back, and also noticed the word obedient! that talk you mentioned 'being obedient to those taking the lead' i wrote a few quotes from my assembly coz i couldnt believe it:

'we are being governed by the fds the word govern is likened to sailing a ship (how?) if we do our own thing and act independetly of the fds we r on a collison course with god! and just like a ship on a collisin course we will be destroyed, many have acted independtly of the fds and look where they are now'

(exactly look where they are now ,happy no longer controlled, NORMAL!!)

'isaih 45:14 talks about unpaid labours(us) being in fetters thats how we should be ,'tied' to the fds completely under their submission.

i wrote quite alot of quotes from my convention, will post some when i have more time! then we can all have a good laugh,

tho you said they didnt mention the internet but they did on fri at mine under the heading of 'DO NOT FOLLOW ARTFULLY CONTRIVED STORYS'

maybe you were at war of the worlds then? (wish i had been!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit