me and the deemunz

by katiekitten 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I spent lots of years dreaming about trying to throw out a tape of Led Zeppelin and the tape would stick to my hands cos it was deemunized

Perhaps you could have passed it to me instead. As a dub, an elder even, I never bought into all that. I have recently realised that they cribbed it all from othe "fundamentalist" churches ..(And I thought we were supposed to oppose what they said?)

But if anybody doubts that such beliefs are real to JW's, I had an animated discussion, nay, am argument with a young man in the org who was convinced that the demons affected him because he watched a DVD of "Lord of the Rings". He would not be persuaded that a mass produced item could not have been in contact with the "Wicked spirits".. So such fears are still alive and well and thriving in dubland

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Thing is, you hear so many things as a JW.... just brings on the paranoia.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I was never afraid of demons as a Witness. I guess I'm strange, but I had a morbid fascination with them. I knew "Jehovah would protect me," and talk of demons was a bit like reading a good Stephen King book. I still have interest in stories, but I know they're only tales--there's no truth I can find in any of them. I never saw the demons as mean, though. I pictured them as irresponsible jokers who liked to scare the shit out of people. :-)

• inquirer
    inquirer

@katiekitten

Black Sabbath! Led Zepplin!

ROCKON BABY!

What other bands were good in the 1970's....

Queen, Motorhead... Iron Maiden (came out in 1979...) Elton John... (He really rocked in that decade. His voice was in top form back then), Abba (My opinion of Sweden has always remained the same after that chick with the sexy bottom was in the group!)

Yeah. I love the 1970's... :( Too bad I came in the era after that. :( Sucks. :(

• Frog
    Frog

Hi Katie babe, I love you writing style, it's so candid:) I think it's great that you find a way to reflect on all this trash in a posthumourous way, what else can we do. I can fully relate to many of your fears/phobias as a dub kid, although they weren't quite as extensive as yours I'm glad to say. The WT are the mind gremlins/demons they inflict a terrible psychosis on their followers, especially the little ones, that stays with them for a long time. Good for you for breaking free of them, and figuring out their mind warping scam:) luv ya, frog x

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    I'm curious, I notice many do it, why not just write "Jehovah"

Because Jehobah is easier to pronounce.

Tom was a Jehoahs Witness

I like your spelling even better.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

oh yeah, an elder couple found demonic books in our house and burned them, and suddenly the parent's marriage got better and dad stopped being opposed. Then deemunz re-entered my life when I got a funny-looking necklace from a funny-looking lady at a market once. I stopped pioneering a couple of weeks after that, and it was a slippery slope from there...

Darling mother still senses a presence in some places. I think she's a madwoman.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I had another one of those dreams last night.

I dreamed that I was at my old house with mum and dad, and there was a cellar. I saw the deemunz throw a fire extinguisher down the cellar steps, and my dad said "yup this cellar has deemunz". There was no way to get rid of them, we had to move house. They were making things float around, and then they ripped the back door off its hinges. It was pretty scary.

What I dont understand is why I dreamed it, cos I woke up at 7am, had a wank, fell back to sleep and dreamed THAT?! How on earth is that related to a wank???

NOT FAIR.

• potleg
    potleg

Maybe the deemunz were having a good time watching you having a wank...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit