me and the deemunz

by katiekitten 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Soledad
    Soledad

yeah I was petrified of "demons" as a teenager. I was convinced that my Skid Row tapes were demonized, such that I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel my bed shaking. Then I threw all the tapes out. But it was all really ludicrous. I stopped being scared of those things when I stopped believing in them.

The one time an elder ever came to our house he happened to look through an album and saw a picture of my two cousins taken at their first communion. He made my mother rip the picture up and throw it away. Now that I think about it I'm pretty pissed that he would make her do something like that. They are family! How arrogant of him to come into my house and demand that I destroy pictures of my family!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Great writing, Katie~I worry about my little niece, she lives so far from me, I don't have first-hand knowledge of what the JWs are teaching her, but I'll be she, too, is afraid of the demonz. That breaks my heart. What a childhood memory!

As far as the bedwetting, 2 out of 3 of my kids had the problem. I tried everything, limiting the drinks, waking them up, bought the alarm sheet you talked about...They both, especially my son, struggled until about 12 yoa. It was really hard for them to conceal it when they spent the nite w. friends, but usually we sent the sleeping bag and a plastic bag to shove it all into the next am. For any others w. kids who wet the bed, we did find a prescription med that worked, it kept them from sleeping so heavily.

Well enough on bodily functions! Thanks, though, for sharing your story...

AJ

• potleg
    potleg

So Katie you're form West Yorkshire, I'm originally from Sheffield (S.Yorks.for the rest of you) I knew a bloke/brother from Huddersfield, Roger Crowther. Did you ever come across him? Any idea what he's up to? We were good friends once but our paths have diverged if you know what I mean.

• Quentin
    Quentin

It was a madness...especialy the the lame brain idea that demons wroked through inanimate objects...so many things we got rid of, or threw in a burn barrel...if there had been a picture in the dictionary next to the word goofy, it would have been mine.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I don't mind if the deemunz float objects around the house - just make sure they put them back where they found them. Maybe they can help my kids to clean their rooms or something.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What I never understood was, what did the deemunz hope to accomplish by all this scary attcking of dubs? I mean, did you ever know anyone who left da troof because the deemunz were presecuting him/her? Or rather, didn't it tend to reinforce their faith and make them stronger JWs? So the best I can figure is that the deemunz were attacking people to keep them in da troof, because that's where the deemunz want people to be...

• Bryan
    Bryan

Oh yes! I had to burn the stuffed Smurf! I thought it might not burn since it was demunized, but actually it went up quite fast.

And those horrible demun dreams where I can't move or speak until I can finally scream "Jehober!" I have heard something about "sleep paralis". I bet it was invented by the demunz.

Thankfully, since I left the troof. The demunz have also left me for an unsuspecting dub.

Praise be the evil Smurfs!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Bryan
    Bryan

Of course I knew of demunz first hand.

My father taught me my mother was filled with them!

Bryan

Have You Sen My Mother

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

I'm curious, I notice many do it, why not just write "Jehovah"

Jehobas Witness
    Jehobas WItnoid
    Jehooba

Anyway I loved the public talks about demons, it was sort of like listening to ghost stories. I never had any encounters though.

Funny thing though - my non witness ex brother in law [ex husband of my wifes sister] had a very bad experience with an Oiuja board when he was a teanager.

They were playing with the board in a tent, and his sisters fiance Tom was thrown out of the tent when he put his hands on the board, well this freakedn them all out so fun with the board was over.

The next day Tom was riding motorcycle across a railway crossing [this was to a fertiliser plant] used by trains just a few time a year and hit by a train and killed.

Tom was a Jehoahs Witness. Creepy isn't it. As I pointed out Tom could not have been a very strong Witness if he was [1] engaged to a worldly girl, and [2] playing with an Ouija board. Anyway it's still a freaky story - and true.

• Tez
    Tez

Mmm, shows the dangers of not thinking about exactly what the kids take in! We had one experience with our youngest, he was four at the time! We were summoned to his school! (mmm hubby couldn't make it) so I was on my own. His teacher asked me to sit down.. you ever tried sitting on those infant chairs!!!! She asked me if his older brothers had been showing him video 'nasties'! then explained that he had told another four year old that there was a nasty beast with seven heads who was going to come and kill all people with brown eyes!!!!! The child in question was having nightmares!!! It took a lot of explaining that it came from a picture in a book that we were studying (Revelation book). I remembered that in the middle of a meeting my little boy had asked me what the picture was about, I'd told him that I would talk to him later about it, then never did! I mean how do you explain the beast of revelation to a four year old, and as he didn't mention it again I thought he had forgotten!!!! However he had a vivid imagination even at that age and concocted his own explanation!!! It took some convincing the teacher that he hadn't had access to nasty videos, and that as I had brown eyes the story hadn't come from me!!! Thankfully later on when he concocted a story about our house burning down (which didn't happen, but he convinced her it did!! even told her how many fire engines!!) she realised that he was a wonderful story teller!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit