me and the deemunz

by katiekitten 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

Gosh I didn't know that some jws were so terribly oppressed by the fear of demons, all those supernatural events such as demons physically entering the human world to cause harm simply don't happen.

• acadian
    acadian
    I could eat Aunty Jaqcui.

*** Please Explain ? ***

I'm not sure to be excited, or disgusted? Maybe british Terminology ?

Acadian

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I mean shes lovely, and wonderful and I love her. Cos she didnt humiliate me when I was a kid.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Did ya'll see that blue smurf that just went by??

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

KK,

great write-up! it is awesome to see how far you have come in shedding your belief in evil spirits and taking a good dose of skepticism. the way you wrote it shows the rather silly fear we all kind of had as "witnoids" of demons. the scariest thing about the demons, is that we believed in them at all.

Well I was scared of leaving the troof because I knew that my only protectiong was if I was able to call on Jeoobahs name. If couldnt do that it was inevitable that the deemunz would get me and maybe scare me to death by making a tape recording of Black Sabba float round my living room.

LOL! not only that, but you crack me up too!

TS

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

whats the best cure for bed wetting

an electric blanket

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

ha ha you can laugh TJ - laugh it up fuzzball . I had an electric blanket from the doctor. It was a metal mesh thing that buzzed real loud when water touched it. The idea was you had it under your sheet and when you peed it woke you up instantly and you went to the toilet, and eventually you got used to waking up yourself.

It was such an awful buzz it scared me shitless, and I was a bag of nerves going to sleep every night. Course the other thing was we were pretty poor and lived in a cottage that didnt have a bathroom or a kitchen, or running hot water. The toilet was outside round the side of the house. And guess who lived there behind the wooden door? Yup. The Deemunz.

I was scared of going to the toilet during the day, let alone at night. If i did manage to get round there I would sit there for ages plucking my courage up to RUN back to the house. In the end I used to pee on the 1foot strip of plants we had just infront of our house. Years later she said "I wondered why my plants never grew".

Course ive got one of those modern new fangled inside toilets now, so lifes much easier.

• andy2tanx
    andy2tanx

Jeez KK, theres so much you never told us when we were young!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sorry kk..when you write you do it with such humour i think you are over everything that happened..

didnt mean to disparage

• fifi
    fifi

Georgefoster :

Don't worry too much about your step-son's bed-wetting. The experience I've had with my son, is that the more you make out of it, the worse things get. My son was wetting the bed quite regularly up until last year (age 8 1/2). We eventually resorted to asking him to use "Pampers Dry Nites", not to make him ashamed, but because it was becoming very tiring for me (I have a serious illness myself) to be getting up in the night to change sheets etc. He's a great wee lad and understood very well. However, I always left him the choice of using them or not and if there ever was an accident, he would help me with the bedding. Gradually, things got better and he would wake up completely dry 9 times out of 10. Then, last summer he went on his first holiday camp. I packed him the right number of "dry nites" in an inconspicuous supermarket carrier bag and told him to decide for himself when and if he wanted to use them. Lo and behold, when we went to pick him up the next week, he hadn't used any of them and there hadn't been any accidents.

He does still have the odd accident, but it's usually linked to something at school. You wouldn't think so, but he's quite an anxious little boy who doesn't readily express what he's feeling, so like I said, patience and kindness is the key ... in my book anyway. That and helping him to feel capable and responsible.

Sorry 'Katiekitten' for changing subject, but I hope this helps.

Fifi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit