Chemo begins today

by outnfree 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Brenda)))))

It's completely normal to have all those feelings running around in your head. You have a lot going on inside (mentally and emotionally) and it's no wonder you couldn't sleep!

Please be assured that you have many friends here and you are well-loved.

Keep your chin up, Hon!

hugs,

Annie

• Robdar
    Robdar

Brenda,

I have been thinking about you very much these past couple of months. I pray that your recovery is speedy.

For those who missed Brenda's first post back in April:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/89442/1.ashx

Why don't we start a prayer vigil? Brenda, do you have a particular day and time that you would prefer?

Much love to you.

Robyn

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Brenda...

You're in my thoughts and prayers..... truly. With so much positive outpouring in your behalf, you're almost home.

D.E.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Out, my thoughts are with you. Hope all is well.

FMZ

• I quit!
    I quit!

Hi Brenda,

You are thoughts and prayers. Everyone I know who has gone thru breast cancer in the last 5 years has beaten it.

My wife has gone thru something similar twice. We found one of the hardest things was waiting to get the chemo started once you get going it gets to be more of a routine. The anti-nausia drugs and blood builder have gotten better over the years. Good doctors and nurse make the going a whole lot easier. It has now been over five years and my wife is doing great. I tried getting her to eat a macrobiotic diet when she was undergoing chemo as it is supposed to be helpful at beating cancer but she could eat the crap. She did much better on a diet of Kraft Dinner and Velveta cheese and other things like that that she wouldn't normally eat but were allowed. Anyway she is doing great now (except for the Watchtower thing). She exercises and even has been able to go skiing.

• bebu
    bebu

(((((((OUTNFREE))))))))

My husband had radiation (not chemo) therapy 20 years ago, and I was so scared. He lost his mustache and a bit of weight due to a lost appetite, but thank God, that was all. A lot has happened in medicine and science in 20 years, and I hope that every benefit of it comes to you.

Take care, dear lady. I pray for you to have peace, and know that you are never alone.

bebu

• gumby
    gumby

Hugs Brenda......you'll do fine.

Gumby

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thank you, thank you, thank you, dear Forum members!

It wasn't too bad. It was a LONG day, intake questions, blood tests, another consult with the doctor, got there at 9:30 and the IV drips didn't start until 11:15 and didn't end until 3 PM! I ate something on the way home -- steroids make one ravenous, don't they?! -- and then took a 3-1/2 hour nap! And then, I watched a comedy: "Hitch." I was told by more than one person to keep laughter in my life as much as possible.

Aude/Denise -- You will not believe it! One of the ladies in the chemo room comes from Bergen County! Graduated from Riverdell High School. We had a pleasant walk down memory lane. She won't be back for more remission-prolonging drugs until December, so it was very curious that we had our childhoods in NJ in common. Thanks for all your input, also, I will definitely phone you THIS weekend. Promise!

Robyn -- I feel a little bashful about it, but I think I would appreciate a vigil. Thank you for suggesting it. Probably Thursday evening would be best, since Thursdays will be my chemo days. I will continue to have Reiki before treatments, but it would be nice to have the love and energy post-treatment as well.

My face and neck are flushed, and while I had good appetite yesterday and most of today, I am beginning to feel nauseous now. Even water tastes funny. I napped for an hour and a half this afternoon after running some errands this morning. Then I made a bunch of phone calls to get repairs and yardwork done around here, so we can get on with the sale of the house despite my breast cancer.

After signing off JWD yesterday morning, I did go to meditate and ground myself after a good cry. I put on a positive attitude, remembering that medicine has come a long way and that I didn't have to hide my condition or be hopeless because of it. Also, that there is more to me than just the physical me.

There is so much good advice and love on this thread that I shall have to spend the weekend reading back over it and visiting the suggested websites and finding out more about the suggested reading.

Thanks to those who don't know me very well but were moved to comment and encourage anyway. And thanks to those who PM'd me. I am humbled by the outpouring of concern.

Thanks to all for making this a safe place to vent my fears, sorrows and self-pity on occasion.

outnfree / Brenda

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((Brenda))))))))

I'm sorry you are going through this but I'm a firm believer that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. It's weird because I'm in the middle of reading "It's Not About The Bike" Lance Armstrong's story of his bout with cancer and he actually says that he is grateful for having had cancer because it really made him re-evaluate his life and put things in perspective and as he said he learned to live by almost dying.

I went away last week to Sedona, AZ and it was lovely--stunning countryside, very peaceful! I got the sense that I needed to remember how things have been working in miraculous ways since April and that I WILL come out of this okay on the other side of chemo and radiation. A year can go by quickly and I've surely wasted more than one year in my life (think all those years of belonging to JWdom! lol). Yet, I'm still distraught. And in tears. And asking the inevitable, but ultimately pointless, "Why me?"

You couldn't have gone to a more spiritual place than Sedona, what a great experience to have and especially to be able to reflect on in your down days. Remember all the good things, all the positives you have going for you, don't let doubt or hate or anger creep in. You said it yourself YOU WILL COME OUT OF THIS OKAY, I would wager to bet better than okay!

Why you, why not? Listen to the lesson your body is teaching you and learn. You'll come out of this so much stronger and thankful to be alive there will be no more time a-wastin' in your life, you go get 'em girl!

Big hugs to ya and speedy recovery!

Kate

• lilbit
    lilbit

(((((((Brenda)))))))))

Sorry I didnt see this thread earlier Ive been out of town for awhile. You know Ill be thinking of ya.

Lilbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit