small children seeing ghosts and hearing voices

by moanzy 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I can see you feel strongly about this but it's a little harsh

sorry all and FMZ for letting my kettle boileth over,

i see red when i perceive a healthcare threat due to superstition. but really, what others have said about just letting a kid be a kid, is the best advice. however, if the symptoms persist, i would still take my child to a child psychologist. it's only prudent. i would hate to be wrong, and let a problem like temporal lobe epilepsy go longer than it should. remember that the symptoms for this disorder can go undetected. and what was once just letting a kid be a kid, turns into a tragedy a couple of years later as the behaviour is no longer fitting of an older child.

respectfully,

TS

• toladest
    toladest

I remember seeing Santa Clause in my house leaving gifts when I was about 3 or 4. As I grew up and was a JW I thought that my dad had dressed like Santa.This memory was and still is SO clear and real, I just KNEW it couldn't be a dream. The thing is that when I said something to my dad a couple years ago he said that he NEVER dressed as Santa. My mom confirmed this. Now I KNOW it must have been a dream. Obviously, Santa was not in my house! But I would have SWORN it was real!

My husband had an expierience that he felt was demons and swears by. He was 7 or 8 and a JW. He was staying at other JW's house with his step-sister that also swears by the incident. They were supposed to be going to sleep and heard voices of people playing poker in the attic. They were scared by what they KNEW had to be demons, so they prayed and the voices stopped. The thing is, there were already rumors about this "spiritually weak" family and their house. These kids were real young and very easily influenced. It could be that the adults were talking and the kids thought it was coming from above them.

I chaulk it up to kids active imaginations.

As far as your daughter, I would have her eyes checked. The light could be an eye problem. If there is no problem there, just consider that she may be advanced in her use of her imagination. :)

• FMZ
    FMZ

Well, after re-reading all this while sober, I see your guys' point of view. I agree with you Tetra that superstitions should not get in the way of healthcare. I see one of two explanations being correct. Either the girl just has an active imagination (a gift in itself), or she is seeing those that aren't there in the physical.

My point of view is mostly due to my upbringing, my mother only ever called psychiatrists "quacks" and I still really haven't experienced otherwise. I don't feel this is a psychological problem though. But that's just my opinion.

My comments did seem a little one way, I admit. Just one guy's humble opinion though.

And Tetra, don't worry about it mate. You don't need to apologize to me, I am no-one.

KJ

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I am no-one.

FMZ,

i respectfully disagree with you here, again!

• Carol
    Carol

No matter what the explanation, whether the little one saw something or not and no matter that the older child believes this is her second Mommy...keep the lines of communication open. Don't belittle or ignore their stories, allow them to talk to you. These things will either cease to happen or they will continue....but at least you, as a parent, will know what is going on.

And by all means, make sure the children are checked out by their physician!

• econaut
    econaut

Just an FYI....

the other day I had the TV on PBS and was amazed that on both George Shrinks and Bob the Builder they spoke about ghosts and seeing ghosts....not too hard to see where a kid would come up with this stuff....

econaut

• Robdar
    Robdar
    temporal lobe epilepsy. these people commonly have very religious experiences that include hallucinations, "heavenly" music and OBEs. scientists have shown over the decades, that it is a problem with the right temporal lobe being highly active, and the parietal lobe kind of shutting off during seizures.

Tetrapod is right. I have temporal lobe epilepsy. The symptoms above are accurate. Please get her checked by a dr.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Personally, I tend to look for a scientific explanation to things. I think that most of the time what appears to be "strange phenomenon" can be explained. However, I do believe there are some things that are beyond our understanding.

I had a strange thing happen to me just this last month. A close friend of my husband and I passed away suddenly a few weeks ago. It was unexpected and hit us pretty hard. He left behind a wife and a young daughter. We have been spending a lot of time with his wife to help her through this. About a week after his death I came home from work, checked the caller ID and seen that she had called. But she didn't leave a message on the answering machine. So I called her to see if she needed something - she said she never called me. I thought it was weird - but figured maybe she accidentally hit the speed dial without realizing it, or maybe her daughter called and she didn't know. Then, a few days ago I had a morning Dr. appt and so I was home when I would usually be at work. The phone rang and I went to get it - it stopped ringing, so I checked the caller ID. It was her again. I thought it was odd that she would call my house when she knows I am usually at work - so I called her back. She hadn't called me.

I don't know how to explain it - but it's weird.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I was walking through a national park with a friend and her 3 yr old daughter last week. I didn't tell them the history of where we were going. The little girl was running ahead and quite happy. I noticed that she stopped and her eyes half lidded and she got a far away look. We walked up and she said, "I am scared, there are dead people here!" I asked her what she was talking about. She said quietly "We are killing them, the dead people."

Only I knew she was standing where a huge massacre of aboriginal people by white settlers happened.

I gave her a simple explanation and said it happened a long time ago and she went back to her play. Her mother was stunned. The actual spot is not physically out standing, she has virtually no television and death is simply not an issue in her life experience.

Oh, she is also incredibly well adjusted and shows no signs of mental/emotional instability.

• hvacdes4me
    hvacdes4me

Yes , the voices are real many demons run on this earth. You must take the authority given to us by Jesus.Bind them with the blood of Jesus.Tell your daughter not to do anything they say ( they are the father of lies).These ghost (aka demons)and voices are not from God and they can destroy her life. Tell her to rebuke them in Jesus name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit