small children seeing ghosts and hearing voices

by moanzy 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• moanzy
    moanzy

Does anyone have any experience with this or know what is happening?

Moanzy

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am not a child, but I have seen a ghost on many occasions, and my son saw it too.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Personally, I would look for a non-spiritual, practical explanation. But hey, that's just me. Your milage may vary.

~Quotes, of the "practical guy" class

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

All I know about this subject is from the Sixth Sense, that was really creepy. I saw Poltergeist as a kid, and that was really scary for me, but I never saw any ghosts. Another kid, an elders son, claimed to have seen the eye of a demon after really a book "he shouldn't have." Now, a demon didn't really show himself to that kid, but it was most likely psychological, as it is in most cases.

• moanzy
    moanzy

My 2 year old is hearing voices and seeing ghosts. She hears and sees them in her room, but not always. She will stop play to watch something in thin air. When we ask her what she is seeing she will answer "ghosts".

Today at lunch she ran into my room while I was getting ready for a b'day party. She was so exited when she said "mommy I saw Jesus and he had circles"( she drew the circles in the air) I repeated it back to her in a question and she answered "yes". I asked her where. She answered "on the sidewalk" I asked her if she would show me. She took me to the front door and she went outside and said "oh he is gone"

I phoned my husband to inform him of this so when he got home at about 5 O'clock he asked her if she saw Jesus today. She said "yes and he had circles and then he flew away and went to the light".

My other little girl who is 4 (said this when she was 3) "mommy you aren't the same as the mommy I had before" a few weeks later we were driving and she said to me "mom did you know that some people die and come back as little kids?"

Anyone hear of this or experience these kinds of things with their kids?

Moanzy

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

You have two courses of action:

1) Take 'em to your family doctor who will be able to refer them to a psychologist (this should be covered by MSP).

2) Have you moved into a new house recently? If so, you might want to get an exorcist. The Spiritualists on the board, though, would suggest against this and say that as long as they aren't harming anyone, don't worry. Personally, I'd go with the exorcist (ok, the psychologist first) if I saw anything like that.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Small children are by nature more attuned to the energy fields and the "spirit" world around them but tend to lose this ability as they mature ( alot of it is the reactions they get from sharing this information with the adults in their lives).

Also the line between real and make believe is still blurry for the under ten set. As a child and (still as an adult) I saw/see and heard/hear voices/images etc. And I must say I consider myself fairly normal

• econaut
    econaut

As a kid I was alone in the bathroom and thought that I felt a hand on my neck. At the time, I thought it a demon. Now I chalk it up to an overactive imagination being fueled by the dubs (like the story of the demons coming down to earth to have sex!) and my mother. When I told my mom that I had felt a hand she believed that it was a demon and thought that it must be due to something that she had in the house. I think she found that she had either a cross or a christening gown that my grandma had crocheted that she got rid of because she thought that she had invited the demons into our house.

She would tell my brother and me that if we were scared to just "call out Jehovah's name". My brother and I would be afraid to walk upstairs to our bedroom in the dark so the whole way up we would whisper "Jehovah, Jehovah." I look back and wish my mom would have not been afraid herself and had taught us that there was nothing to fear...or at least turn all the lights on for us!!

• FMZ
    FMZ

Moanzy, please just don't discourage your daughter, encourage her. It's a beautiful gift.

Try to get more details from her. I'd also advise that you call around your family and friends just to make sure everyone is OK. I really don't want to scare you, but it likely wasn't Jesus on the sidewalk... it could have been someone else wanting you to know they are heading to the light.

KJ

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    look for a non-spiritual, practical explanation

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. -- Sherlock Holmes, Sign of Four

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit