• ballistic
    ballistic

sounds a bit drastic.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What, no crucifixes and Latin?

• hubert
    hubert
    Yes , the voices are real many demons run on this earth.

Personally, I don't believe in "demins".

Are demons and superstition in the same category? Seems like many j.w.'s believe in "demins".

By the way, welcome to the board, hvac...

Hubert

• target
    target

Moanzy

check out this website

www.childpastlives.org

You can read the forum. The book is worth reading also.

As a wise one once said, "Some things are true, whether you believe them or not."

target

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

There is a lot to be said for the Power of suggestion.

I think the child has seen or heard what she repeated from someone or something (TV..or other kids or even a relative or neighbor.)

When my kids were little they heard all that JW junk and repeated it to their neighborhood kids. One girl has stayed in contact with my now adult children and they talk still about the bad

people falling in the ditch . Bad people that are not JW's. She didn't tell her parents because she knew they would stop her from playing with them.

She remembers the "Paradise Book" vividly. I bet she could have told some stories!..

Maybe she overheard someone commenting about how you have changed? And changed it to "Not same Mommy?"

JW relatives perhaps?

And the one poster was right about the inconsistency...that can't be brushed off...

All in all..I do feel that children are trying to tell us something in their own way if something is bothering them. They have their own way of telling us we may not understand. It could be something simple or it could be more serious. A checkup and a talk with a Dr may not hurt.

Snoozy...

• atypical
    atypical

I personally had several occasions growing up where I thought I saw some type of spirit. The truth is, though, at least in my case, that I heard about the dangers of demons from the second I came into the world. I heard tons of scary stories about dancing smurfs, porcelain dolls that could throw a grown man across a room, pictures and books that wouldn't burn, mirrors that reflected faces of demons, demons holding down witnesses in their bed so hard they couldn't breathe, etc. As a tiny child, nothing I heard made a deeper impression on me than those stories. I grew up morbidly afraid of demons. I was afraid to climb the stairs by myself.

Looking back, I resent very much that I grew up in fear, and I have no doubt in my mind that any "spirit" or weird happening was just my impressionable mind working overtime. I'm not saying that is the case here, but don't underestimate the power of suggestion. If I were you, I would at least try to mentally go over how much your child has heard about spirits, ghosts, or whatever.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

As a theist and spiritualist, I'm not going to take sides in this debate.

1. Karen Armstrong suffered from epilepsy which distorted landscapes around her, turned human faces to hellish monsters, and triggered horrible smells. Undiagnosed until she was an adult.
    2. Ellen G. White, founder of the Seventh-Day Adventists, began having spiritual experiences after a head injury in girlhood.
    3. And then there's my son, who at the age of four told me about the glowing green man climbing around in the wall heater in his bedroom. No head trauma, no epilepsy, and no mental illness to date, over 25 years later.
    4. Oh, and my step-grandson, the four-year-old poet, who will say the most outrageous things to see what you'll do about it. But then he tends to be very obvious about it, making up stories about things like "clockwise tape. "
    5. And yet it's not terribly uncommon for people to see ghosts, even of people who died before they were born, who may have been named but not described to them.

I would certainly have your precious little girl checked for epilepsy.

Personally, if I had a two-year-old who was being accosted by even the friendliest spirits, I would talk with those spirits whether or not I could see them myself. I would explain that they would regret any pain, fear or discomfort they brought to my child, no matter how trivial.

If your experience of reality includes the presence of spirits, the world's folk cultures have a wide array of traditional methods for keeping the mean ones AWAY. The simplest is to leave a Bible under the bed, open to Psalm 97.

Also check out the free spells archive at Lucky Mojo.

gently feral

• KimKat
    KimKat

I have a friend who was hearing voices and seeing things - ended up she has low blood sugar. It was a severe case. Her brother has the same thing happen. Once they were on diets to control the blood sugar the voices and visions went away. Definately get the child checked out by a doctor.

• belbab
    belbab

Moanzy,

Take the advice in Targets post.

I have a number of Ian Stevenson's books that I have read over the years. This man has done scientific studies at the University of Virginia.

He has discovered that children from about two to four, when they are able to start to talk remember things that can only be explained by having a life before, or remembering things from the past.

After four years old, they forget these things and go on in the present life.

In America, he has not had much success because children here who remember are told to shut up as posts on this thread indicate. Well over half the people in the world, believe that we have all lived before.

Another book is Beyond the Ashes by Rabbi Yonassan Gershom. It is about children and adults who remember experiences of the Holocaust. There is also and American woman who has written a book about American cases, I have forgotten her name, but will look it up.

I do not like the word reincarnation, I prefer the word, rebirth. I have had rememberances of events taking place in the past. So has my son. That is what led me to study this subject.

Is there texts in the Bible that support rebirth? Yes. The word resurrection in the Bible, means a standing up. If any one wants to discuss them with me, send me a pm. I don't think this forum is ready for such a discussion yet, it would only arouse controversy.

belbab

• hvacdes4me
    hvacdes4me

A Haunting in Georgia,The Discovery Channel. Check it out same story,a little girl guided by a spirit (a demon),freeks her mother out(so not God).Sure the little girl is happy at first but then the demon spirits just freeks the family out for many years.Voices all thru the house ,chairs moving,scratches on people.Just demons, doing what they do, acting very mean.When the little girl grows to be a teen, they find Church, and take the authority we have over demons in Jesus name.God bless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit