small children seeing ghosts and hearing voices

by moanzy 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• moanzy
    moanzy

Thanks everyone. We did just move into this house (Jan 05), but it is only a few years old. I can't think it has anything to do with the house. This whole thing only started when we moved into this house though.

I've checked around about Phsychologist and they don't believe in paranormal. Churches attribute much of this kind of stuff to demons and I'm noticing that there is a freakish reaction from the people around me when I tell them about what is happening. My family are all JW and I just don't care to call and see if they are alright.

What I do know for sure is that I don't think that a two year old would make this stuff up. With the language skills she has I thought she gave a pretty good description of an angel or someone going to the light. She isn't exposed to this kind of talk so I was pretty amazed at what she said. As for my 4 year old she says things that don't seem to be regular conversation. It isn't stuff that we sit around and talk about, but it also doesn't sound like information a small child would just have without being told.

Moanzy

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

moanzy,

i don't mean to sound patronizing, but kids make stuff up all the time. popular media is full of references to ghosts and demons. the sad thing is, that kids don't know how to differentiate.

she might just be trying to get attention. she is 2 years old afterall. or, she may have an optical problem, and is calling what she sees, ghosts, when really she should see a medical doctor. or, she may have a problem with temporal lobe epilepsy. these people commonly have very religious experiences that include hallucinations, "heavenly" music and OBEs. scientists have shown over the decades, that it is a problem with the right temporal lobe being highly active, and the parietal lobe kind of shutting off during seizures. many patients may not even realize they have the disorder, or are having a seizure. or she may have a mental problem.

the psychologists don't believe in the paranormal because they are educated. please trust the doctors, and go see one.

best wishes,

TS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Moanzy, please just don't discourage your daughter, encourage her. It's a beautiful gift.

FMZ,

i don't mind people having their belief systems, and their "experiences". but when supernatural superstition bunk, gets in the way of someones healthcare, i get right pissed off. this is some of the worst advice i have ever seen for a mother who is asking for advice regarding her child seeing "ghosts".

regards,

TS

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Today at lunch she ran into my room while I was getting ready for a b'day party. She was so exited when she said "mommy I saw Jesus and he had circles"( she drew the circles in the air) I repeated it back to her in a question and she answered "yes". I asked her where. She answered "on the sidewalk" I asked her if she would show me. She took me to the front door and she went outside and said "oh he is gone"
    I phoned my husband to inform him of this so when he got home at about 5 O'clock he asked her if she saw Jesus today. She said "yes and he had circles and then he flew away and went to the light".

First she did not know that he was gone, later she replied that he flew away to the light.This is not consistent.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Mother in the family (workmate of mine) would redecorate / paint new house, previously used as hostel, and while painting upstairs, placed her 4-year old daughter upon a closet 5 feet tall, telling her to sit still, while running for at most one minute downstairs to get a towel; when returning, her daughter stood at the floor. Asking how she had gotten down from the closet, the daughter replied, "The gray man lifted me down."

The stairs were steep and difficult for a child to use, so she always had to call for her mother to assist her down. One morning before breakfast, she stands in the kitchen, and the mother asks her how she managed to walk the stairs herself. She replies, "The gray hand helped me."

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    i don't mind people having their belief systems, and their "experiences". but when supernatural superstition bunk, gets in the way of someones healthcare, i get right pissed off. this is some of the worst advice i have ever seen for a mother who is asking for advice regarding her child seeing "ghosts".

I'll echo what Tetra said. There was a priest recently, in Romania, who crucified a nun with schizophrenia b/c he thought she was possessed.

You mentioned that psychologists don't believe in the supernatural. What the Catholic Church does when it performs exorcism is first, simply, send the people to psychologists to get a lot of tests and sessions with the psychologist. Then with the recommendation of a psychologist is only when they will proceed with an exorcism. (although most dioceses are supposed to have an exorcist, most in North America don't b/c those who believe they are possessed, etc., are just in need of mental help.).

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    kids make stuff up all the time.

That's true. I remember telling my parents that I saw Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy during the same night.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Were Santa and the Tooth Fairy Making out? LOL

Kid's imaginations are wild things. You would be surprised where they pick things up. I've heard so many parents along the way swear their child hadn't been exposed to _______________. Yet when we dug into things like this the child had in multiple ways. Just keep a close eye on it and if it develops into anything more than a passing imagination check into the doctor for some routine workups. I'm sure it's probably nothing but normal childhood development. No need for calling in the Pscyhe Ward to rid the house of Demunz. Or culling the male goat on the front yard for an excercism. Unless you live in Salem, MA. Good god people this is 2005!

• FMZ
    FMZ

No comment I guess guys. We see it differently.

It's all good.

FMZ

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    When we ask her what she is seeing she will answer "ghosts".

Maybe I'm losing track - but how did the the word 'ghosts' enter a 2 year old's vocabulary? How does a 2 year old understand that word?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit