long time sister told me yesterday that end would be here within 7 years!!

by PaNiCAtTaCk 36 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I put more faith in the Mayan calendar than anything JW's might be guessing.

How sad for that poor woman. Seems like this 7 year thing is coming from several dubs. Wonder what talk led them to this figure? The WTS seems to have all these covert little dates floating around. Some dubs are thinking 2005, some are thinking 2034, now it's 2012-ish. As long as they can keep the r&f guessing and anticipating, its all good....for the FDS.

• Buster
    Buster

I remember telling fellow high school students that the end would occur in '75. Stupidly enough, I remember offering them a bet.

I know the woman you speak of is too old to take such advantage of. But I would love to work out a bet with one of these cult-engrossed delusionals. I could offer to give him $1000, $5000 or somesuch. This money should come in handy to support a dubbie in the preaching work. In return, he would sign a lien or some other assurance that he would pay me some ten times that after some period - between seven and ten years.

If he was truly confidant, it would be a no-brainer. He would have money now for the preaching work or whatever, and would never have to repay it.

And I could plan on my new boat.

• JH
    JH

Since no one wants to die, everyone JW hopes that the end will come during their life time..

Probably a 20 years old witness would say that the end will surely come here to 50 years

and a 60 year old witness would say that they end is surely less than 20 years away...

Any guess is good, as long as they are still alive to see it.

Most witnesses of any age think that the end will come before they die...that's where it doesn't add up.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Stupid thing is - we all feel sorry for that 'old timer'. None of us would have the hard heart to try and disillusion her (what would be the point?). Unlike the borg who are happy to force the very old and the very young (and everyone in the middle) into accepting their point of view, no matter what hardship it might cause. In fact the more hardship the better (for Witchtower quotes).

Well, I guess it just show how evil us apostates are!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

A good line I once heard but haven't had to use it on a Jdub... When a dub says the end will be here in 7 years just say, "OK you are so confident in the end coming in 7 years, write me a check payable to myself for $10,000 and post dated it 7 years from now". Then see how strong their faith is that they will actually write a sizable check. If they say no then you can say, "Well you don't even have faith in your own prophecies".

Will

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

God knows how many periods if 7 years she's been referring back to.

CG

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

happy b-day, nettie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shelley

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Katie....I was thinking the same thing myself. None of us would be so self absorbed to force the truth about "the truth" down this old timer's throat. But if she was Catholic the Borg would expose the Catholic church in a heartbeat saying...well it'd be best for her to know the truth before dying. A little common respect and compassion go a long way. I guess it just shows you us "wily poztates" have more compassion for our fellow human beings.

• Voyager
    Voyager

People like that lady are the ones I really feel sorry for.

I would have to agree!

• Netty
    Netty
    happy b-day, nettie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shelley

Thank you Shelley!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit