long time sister told me yesterday that end would be here within 7 years!!

by PaNiCAtTaCk 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

kattie i agree with you too thats why i feel so bad for my family my dads 66 and all my grandparents were dead well before then and my dad keeps reminding me of that fact (thats why im meant to get reinstated asap!)

but even tho id love to i would find it hard to tell my parents the life theyve been living, the scrafices thevye made (and there have been many) have all been for nothing, i would be so cruel, and yet when i was pioneering i thought i was helping some poor old soul to see the light when i said his religon was 'a snare and a racket!'

• Honesty
    Honesty
    She was babtised in 1952 and pioneering still
    That is such a long time to be fooled. When I read the title of your post, I thought, "SHISH, here they go again" but an 83 year old, I feel so sorry for her.

What really saddens me is that when the end comes for her and she finds out just how bad she was fooled she may have an eternity to think about the many times and lost opportunities she had to accept Christ as her saviour instead of the Governing Body of Apostate JW's.

• Soledad
    Soledad

maybe she meant her end would be here in 7 years?

cruel thing to say I know......

• Es
    Es

I wonder what kind of evidence she had to back up that the world was going to end in 7 years??? es

• potleg
    potleg

Every witness wants the end to come in there life time. Look at the lengths that Rutherford went to in interpreting prophesy to "prove the end would come around 1925. Same with Freddie Franz He was sure time would run out for the system before it did for him. This old woman is probably convinced Big A will come within her lifetime, maybe she's only giving herself 7 more years. I wonder what she thinks about the district convention and not being presumptive about seeing the end?

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

I always ask for this in writing, they then get all huffy but never do put it in writing for me.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

hm, out of curiosity...is there a talk floating around the k.hall's alluding to that?

there has been the threads re: the 120 years. (forgive my math or lack thereof)

So, is this in relation to that? Haven't been to a kh in a while, so I'm out of the loop. Any rumours?

meagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit