long time sister told me yesterday that end would be here within 7 years!!

by PaNiCAtTaCk 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Is it really? She maybe had a very happy life,and pioneering maybe she though it was very fullfilling her dreams. That they were based on a lie, so what. Is that not with 90% of the people? And most of the other 10% are also using ther life useless.

Hi Danny! I agree that many people are not making the most of the time they have here for whatever reasons. From my personal experience with the witnesses, I wish everyone would wake up before it's too late and do some of the things they dream of doing in the 'new order' right now. Even at the age of 82, it's not too late.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NETTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tam

• Netty
    Netty
    HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NETTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tam

Thank you Tam!

• Mary
    Mary

Ya, a local elder made the same comment a couple of weeks ago......Armageddon would be here within 7 years. ......oh wait a minute! Maybe he really meant it would be here in 7 times--not 7 literal years. As we all know, a time, times and half a time is 1260 days, so 7 times is (all together now): 2,520 days. Now if we apply the biblical rule and count a day for a year, he must have meant that it would be here within 2,520 years..........ya, that musta bin what he meant.......

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

If you decided to remain single to pioneer and would enjoy marriage in the new order, and now you are more likely to die before Armageddon and be resurected to an eternity without ever knowing the intimacy of a relationship - wouldn't you feel pretty bad?

This is what I fear for my sisters!

• blondie
    blondie

Perhaps she is thinking of this:

http://www.greatdreams.com/end-world.htm

The Mayan calendar is divided into Seven Ages of Man. The fourth epoch ended in August 1987. The Mayan calendar comes to an end on Sunday, December 23, 2012. Only a few people will survive the catastrophe that ensues. In the fifth age, humanity will realize its spiritual destiny. In the sixth age, we will realize God within ourselves, and in the seventh age we will become so spiritual that we will be telepathic.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

She's wasted her life away for them and still has not begun to think for herself. It's sad that manipulation won her over for life.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Ask that long time sister what she plans to do if it doesn't come.

I know, I know, it won't matter, but asking could be fun.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

An elder that I knew, who is now deceased, always told me "I think it will be done in the next five years or so" - he said that for 40 years, died still wishing for it.

"No man knows the day or the hour"

Jeff

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

People like that lady are the ones I really feel sorry for. Makes me think if she found out the truth about the troof she would shit in her knickers. In this case I amost think its best to let her remain ignorant.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit