New here.....kinda

by lola28 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Netty
    Netty

Welcome Lola! Glad you are here. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Welcome lola!

I know what you mean about the shock of finding that people can simply forget you existed when you stop attending meetings. It is shocking but true: Witnesses do not value the individual, only their role as a cog in the machine.

Here, however, you will be valued as an individual. I hope you enjoy the board, learn a lot, and continue to share your experiences!

SNG

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi Lola! That was a really nice first post. Hope to hear lots more from you in the future. You've done the right thing.

GBL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Lola, from your story we can once more observe that the jws are a heartles lot that like to receive but never to give, you were a very active member and when you needed some help there was none, many people on this board think of the WTS as a business at heart (pretending to be a religion)that understands nothing about christian love and solidarity.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Welcome Lola! I certainly understand your feelings. It does take awhile to get over that "I've been kicked in the stomach" feeling.

You made the right choice.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hello and welcome you said yet there was never so much as one sheperding call it always did and still does amaze me that JWs will spend hundreds of hours getting a new convert (I know I did) and yet for the sake of two or 3 hours for two or three shepherding calls they will let a sheep be lost - it is totally anti-scriptural to me - read the parable of the 99 left to go and look for one etc

The easy way to correct this would be for the GB to mandate that elders could count filed service time for a shepherding call - I DO NOT THINK IT IS THE TOTAL SOULTION BUT IT WOULD HELP ENORMOUSLY

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi lola. welcome. may your transition be easy.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I stopped going in service went of the pioneer list and yet there was never so much as one sheperding call. I always thought that the elders would be there when I needed them but I was wrong.

You went about it the wrong way. To get the elders' attention and a shepherding call to remember just get one of your non-JW neices/nephews to go out in public with you where the 2 of you will be seen by JW's. Give her/him a big hug and kiss. The elders will be camping out in front of your house until you meet with them to discuss the young girl/boy you were seen being intimate with by local KH congregation members.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Hi Lola.

Welcome.

I'm glad you're free, and I'm glad we helped.

May I ask, what/who was it on here that helped you the most? I ask because this way we can help more maybe...

Come on in, Lurkers! The water's fine!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Welcome, lola. Was there something in particular in that letter that you read that caught your attention? It's fasinating how a 'strong jw', like you were, can be deflected so easily. Hope your stay here is pleasant.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit