New here.....kinda

by lola28 39 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I'am terrefied. I have been lurking for over a year and finally decided that it was time to post. I feel like I know all of you and feel more at home here than at the Kingdom Hall. Here is a little background info. I began to study when I was 14years old and got babtized at 18. As soon as I was baptized I began to aux.pioneer and six months later I became a regular pioneer. I was always at all the meetings, was the first one the elders called when they needed some one to do a last minute talk and was always out in service. A year ago in May I was looking for a website to buy service supplies and accidentally stumbled on a disassociation letter someone had written and then I found this board. Since then I have never been the same. The things some of you have gone through break my heart and I have found it difficult to return to the hall. I began to miss meetings alot and no one ever bothered to check up and see if everything was okay with me. I could have been dead and no one in the hall would have known. I stopped going in service went of the pioneer list and yet there was never so much as one sheperding call. I always thought that the elders would be there when I needed them but I was wrong.

I apologize, I did not mean for this to be so long.

I hope to really get to know all of you, as many of you helped influence my decision to withdraw from the the congregation. All of you have taught me something about the "truth" and I will be forever greatful.

Lola

• avishai
    avishai

WELCOME!!!

• Pole
    Pole

Hello and welcome, lola28!

yet there was never so much as one sheperding call.

What a blessing, actually. :-).
    Pole

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome dear Lola!

Your introduction was very sweet. Hope to hear more from you soon.

j

• luna2
    luna2

Glad you decided to post lola28. Welcome.

Amazing how they could just let you drop off the radar like that. I get why they didn't bother too much with me as I wasn't one of the pillars of the congregation or anything. I always thought they were more protective of their pioneers!? In the long run, though, like Pole said...it's a blessing for you.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

welcome,enjoy your stay.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Lola.... Have you read Crises of Conscience?? It helped me immensly.
    I was a JW for 25 yrs & I am SO happy to be free...All those I loved dropped me like a hot potato when I admitted I didnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914

Your among friends here ((((HUG)))) from me Granny/Mouthy/ Grace

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

We have all been where you are at.

You can say everything you think on this board, ask questions and just blow off steam.

You will have feisty arguments, and tons of concern and even love of strangers. Some will disagree with you but you will never be condemned or judged.

I give you the same lovely welcome and hug I got when I first posted.

HB

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hello Lola

It can be such a disappointment to find that an organisation you held on a pedestal doesn't live up to the standards it claims to have. You are not alone in your experience and feelings. I am confident that you will find a terrific support network here and people willing to answer any questions you might have. I too am a fader from the Borg and although it was difficult at first I am the happiest now that I have ever been.

Miss Peaches.

• potleg
    potleg

Welcome, you'll find you have more in common with us here than you ever had at the KH. I remember when I told the school overseer that I no longer wanted to be assigned talks ( I'd been giving them for over 25 years, assemblies too) he just said "OK" and that was that. No one ever followed up with me either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit