New here.....kinda

by lola28 39 Replies latest jw friends

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Welcome Lola.

Jesus’ illustration of the 99 sheep identifies clearly who the real shepherds are. In the WBTS system they spend thousands of hours leg roping individuals, and then when some stray, there is little or no effort made to give them loving support. My wife and I also spent many years in full time ministry, but are glad to be out of the clutches of that convoluted system. It is obvious that in the JW society you are only as good as your last service report. When your reports stop, depending on the individual elders, you are likely to be relegated to the scrap heap. That was our experience.

For many years we had doubts and reservations about their claims being "spirit directed", and the modern "ark of salvation". Then after reading "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom", by Ray Franz, (former member of the governing body), it became obvious that they are not spirit directed, nor are they God appointed place for salvation.

Not to lose faith and peace of mind is quite a challenge. We prefer to stay Bible oriented. I believe it is the only reliable, inspired guide; when followed it provides peace of mind and gives purpose to life. It alone points the way to an endless future with no disillusionment.

Once again, welcome. We sincerely wish you peace and God’s blessing on your journey.

Regards

David

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( WELCOME TO THE BOARD LOLA28 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so happy you found us. I too stumbled upon the Ex-JW's in a search for something Witless related .

Been hanging out with ex-dubbies ever since. Isn't the WWW a wonderful thing?!?

One thouht; now that you're out take time to get to know yourself and discover your TRUE personality - minus all the borg baggage and Bs.

Tam

• I quit!
    I quit!

Hi Lola,
    Nice to meet you. I am quite the lurker myself but have been posting a bit lately. It is amazing how quickly they drop you. Especially when you think back to all the love bombing one receives when you first were interested. It shows just how programed you are as a witness. The house of cards comes down rather abruptly the minute you switch your brain back on.

I really enjoy reading everyones posts here also.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Lola. I'm glad you found us. You are embarking on a long journey. Listen, learn, enjoy.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome! You will find us "Apostates" to actually be normal, great people.

• kls
    kls

Hey Lola , welcome to JWD

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Welcome! Dont feel bad. I was out for 15 years with no one to call on me. Then when they did, they df'd me! Nice to see you here!

• lola28
    lola28

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the warm welcome.Sorry it took so long for me to respond but I finally had some free time. I'm sure we all remember the Dateline special, well I decided to watch it, once it eneded I was somewhat unsetteled but not enough to stop going to meetings, I honsetly thought that that this was an isolated case. However then I read that DA letter, and came to this board and after reading so many of the experinces here I couldn't pretend like I everything was okay with the Society because clearly something was wrong.

After staying on the board and really thinking about things I could not bring myself to believe that this is the truth. I have two younger sisters and someone in the hall was studying with them, well one day it hit me, I did not want my sisters to be witnesses!

I realized that if they ever became witnesses and did "something wrong" I would be expected to shun them and there is no way that I could ever do that. As much as I loved Jehovah, I love my sisters much more that is when I really knew I couldn't go on as a witness.

You know I was never okay with the two witness rule, I could not believe that they would really believe that a child molestor would do something to a child in front of two or more people and the fact that you couldn't report what had happened to the police was incredebly disturbing. I would have had so much more respect for the Society if they had admitted that this was a problem and then took action. But they are more concernd with the way they look than with helping those that have been hurt. All of these things led me to stay away.

Richie, everyone here has helped. Hearing about those of you who have been unable to go to the weddings and funerals of loved ones because you are DFed has helped reinforse what an unloving org. this is. It hurts to know that so many of you are hurting because of the society and that there is nothing I or anyone else can do to help. All I can do is stay away from meetings and service and not help in anyone else come into what I now know is a cult.

Thank you all for hearing me out.

Lola

• Es
    Es

Welcome Lola, I really enjoyed your post...keep them coming. I hope you enjoy your stay and that we can be of great help :) es

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I'm free I'm free, (David)

In case I missed you, welcome if you are new to the site.

Just to tell you I enjoy reading your posts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit