4th of July

by desbah 18 Replies latest jw friends

• desbah
    desbah

i'm just wondering.....since some of you are now no longer apart of WT will you celebrate with a USA flag displayed outside your house....

• Purza
    Purza

I would if I wasn't to lazy to buy a flag, flag holder and actually install it.

Purza

• Netty
    Netty

My hubby is very patriotic. He always puts flags up around holidays.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a flag...I just need to mount it

Josie

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

No flags. I'm still not really much of a patriot. I love the hell out of some fireworks though.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Have a flag and hang it up all the time, 4th of July or not!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

No, but I'll go to the downtown fireworks display. Prob'ly see a bunch of JW's there lol

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

We just put our first one up last Sunday-the day our JC was meeting. It was a symbolic for us as freedom from the Borg.

It really seemed strange to even contemplate doing it, but once it was up we felt SO good. Between the flag, the No Trespassing sign and the apostate sticker on our mailbox, we have inocculated our house against JW's. (Kind of like wearing garlic and holding a cross against vampires! LOL)

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I celebrate the 4th of July, say the Pledge, vote in every election and have run for elected office.

On Decoration Day (Memorial Day to Yankees) I place US flags on US veterans graves and Confederate flags on graves of Confederate veterans of the War Between the States.

• Sith
    Sith

Good for you, Robert. I'm so f*cking proud of this country, and so glad I can finally show it. The flag on my front porch never comes down

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit