4th of July

by desbah 18 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

I usually just had small flags, maybe in flowerpot or something. Now that husband is so anti everything, I intend to get a flag or two. He stole my support our troops magnetic thing off my car! Now I just have to buy a new one and maybe a spare. carla

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Prob'ly see a bunch of JW's there lol

They just eat up some free sh!t, don't they?

My father keeps one flying, and also Mr. Stock, we've got the ole battle jack right underneath.

• blondie
    blondie

No flag but we will see the fireworks in our little burg.

Actually, over the years as a JW I have attended the fireworks various places on the 4th (or the 3rd or the 2nd depending on when the 4th lands). Many people can see them from their own yard or balcony. It has never been a big deal for JWs in this area.

I walked around the neighborhood and no one has a permanent flag out.

Isn't it nice that it's your choice?

I do have red, white, and blue flowers in one of my flowerpots.

Blondie

• luna2
    luna2

I think I'm going to take some time to adjust to this new apostate hat I'm wearing before I jump into celebration mode. I don't know that I'm ready for a flag, but I wouldn't mind watching some fireworks...maybe next year.

• talesin
    talesin

I will be watching the fireworks on July 3rd, in honour of Canada Day, which is July 1. If I had a place to fly a flag, it would be the Nova Scotian flag, not the Canada one. On the 2nd, will be having a barby with Kwin and family.

:)

My family always watched the fireworks as JWs, and I have always attended the free rock concerts in the early evening ,,, and no, there was never free food ... it has always been one of my favorite things in the world ... fireworks.

Best display ever ,,, Disneyworld on the Fourth, and it was amazing!

The only thing I didn`t like was the Florida heat in July ... Holy Sweatglands, Batman!

t

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Outside my house? Nah. Too much work. But I have one on the sleeve of my Scout leader uniform.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Oh, yes! Every patriotic day of the year the flag comes out, especially on the 4th of July! I usually blow a bankroll on fireworks too, the neighbors shoot theirs off and then sit on their front porches and watch ours continue on for a couple hours more. lol

J

Dan-O; how long have you been a scout leader? Our son is a Tiger this year and we are Den Leaders. I love it...

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

This stuff just happens.

I suppose it's kinda like "I have penis and can therefore wear slacks the the Kingdumb Hall and so now I'm carrying a microphone or I'm working the magazine counter".

I was an Akela at the meetings three years ago when my son was a Tiger Cub. And our den leader asked me to be on the pack committee. And then I learned that she needed a second BSA trained adult to help with the den when they became Wolf Cubs. And so I took the training. And now I'm the assistant cubmaster for the pack. Go figure.

Thank God my son is a Webelo & will be moving on to Boy Scout if he's still interested in a few more months. I can then retire the uniform.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

make the most of it while u can, thats what i say

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit