** Carey Barber, GB Member approaches 100. **

by truthseeker 55 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I wonder what would happen if we all go together and wished really hard for the worst hardliners of the GB to die from natural causes before the year is over, I wonder what would happen?

• jgnat
    jgnat

All that would happen is that the lawyers would overtly take over (they've been running the show since the mid-nineties anyways), the reading materials would become more dull (if this is possible), paradise will be declared to have started in the Kingdom halls, and the paintings will become more delightful.

Doesn't the FDS provide delightful food in season, boys and girls?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Well at least you know one member from the generation that saw 1914 is still alive. Wait, that does not apply anymore does it?

• potleg
    potleg

I wonder if he looks back and remanices over all the failures and dissapointments...1914, 1925,1975, the generation that was then wasn't going to be alive...what a record of the blind leading the blind.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    I wonder if he looks back and remanices over all the failures and dissapointments...1914, 1925,1975, the generation that was then wasn't going to be alive...what a record of the blind leading the blind.

Probably not, with all the arterile blockage the blood flow to his brain is quite restricted, so I would think he does very little reminissing. I bet he don't even have good recall of what happened to him even an hour ago. People like that should not be on any Governing Body, that effects the lives of millions of people (mostly for the worst).

• JT
    JT

i need to update the list, but anyway here is my old list of dates

Governing Body

Date of birth

John Barr (b. 1913)
    Carey Barber (b. 1905)
    Milton Henschel (b. 1920)
    Samuel Herd (b. 1935)
    Theodore Jaracz (b. 1925)
    Karl Klein (b. 1905)
    Steve Lett (b. 1949)
    Gerrit Losch (b. 1941)
    Guy Pierce (b. 1934)
    Albert Schroeder (b. 1911)
    David Splane (b. 1944)
    Lyman Swingle (b. 1910)
    Daniel Sydlik (b. 1919)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I put up two dozen cookies

Speaking of cookies....

• jgnat
    jgnat

Coming! Give the Postal Service some grace.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Does anyone believe that Barber after his death will receive a spiritual body and live for ever in heavens? That is apparently his belief, and let him believe it, but as sure as hell he is going nowhere but in the pit. The man is a wolf in sheep's clothing, guilty of much injustice and he is lucky that that no armageddon arrived up to now.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Coming! Give the Postal Service some grace.

REally? I was just kidding. I hope you didn't put anything incriminating in there... in case it was to fall into the wrong hands.... Why do I sound like a spy? I meant... in case my mom gets into it. Thanks though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit