** Carey Barber, GB Member approaches 100. **

by truthseeker 55 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Carey Barber, born July 4th 1905 has almost made his century. Fred Franz came close at 99 years old, and he died around 1992.

So what does Bro Barr get for his 100th birthday? Forget it - to him, turning 100 is "just another day." For others, it's a milestone.

I wonder if he will get a telegram from the Queen, as he was born in England??

It appears he has been in Bethel for 82 years. A lifetime of lies and deceit, even if he felt what he taught was true.

All Governing Body members share a collective guilt, whether they are aware of it or not. Lies, deceit, mind control and manipulation of over 6,000,000 Jehovah's Witnesses over many decades.

I don't know much about this brother. I think he made a few statements in the recent WT video, "Respect Jehovah's Authority".

If anyone has any stories to share about him, let us know.

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/gb.htm

Notes on the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

Translated and adapted from Aquila's French pages

Carey W. Barber (1905-)

Born on the 4th of July 1905, in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England.

On April 18, 1921, when he was 16 years old, he is baptized in a small assembly of the International Bible Students Association, in Winniped, Canada.

In April 1923 starts working at Bethel, together with his twin brother Norman.

In 1948 is appointed traveling overseer.

In 1955 enters the 26th Gilead class, where he found Sydney Lee Brewer, a pioneer from Canada, with whom he marries on February 18, 1956. Appointed to circuit service in the Chicago Area, U.S.A.

After 29 years as circuit and district overseer, he is called to the Brooklyn Bethel, to be a Governing Body member in the autumn of 1977

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

what happened to his twin brother Norman?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Why do these guys live so long. Maybe it's true like the song says:"Only the good die young"

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

It makes me ill to think about the health and ability of the FDS; these are the men who are leading us??

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

happy b-day carey!! -

from your friend the infidel, -

TS

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

So, we have a multi-billion dollar corporation being run by a geriatric committee of men who, in all likelihood, need help with their bodiliy functions. And we wonder why they can't adjust to the internet.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I've met him... here he was in April 2005. Death ain't a bad option for him...

alt

I wish I had taken my picture with him...

• I quit!
    I quit!

Every year this guy lives is another milestone marking just how wrong the wt has been. No new system, no ruling from heaven. Just here getting older. What a waste of a life. I wonder if he has ever reflected on this.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Because most of the GB or near the age of dying should explain thier behavior in making policies and teachings. Most are not really interested in the welfare of the organization beyond thier own natural death.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

is it just me or does the chick in richie's picture look a bit squeemish...like she's trying her damndest to pull away from the old fart?

lol......100...good grief

HAPPY BURFDAY BRUDDER BARBER!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit