** Carey Barber, GB Member approaches 100. **

by truthseeker 55 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Born on the 4th of July 1905, in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England

I thought he was born in Seville, England. Cary and his brother Norman were the Barbers of Seville. Whatever happened to Norman? He's still cutting hair I guess.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It would be a bad thing to start a "dead pool" type lottery for Brother Barber, wouldn't it?

I mean, if people put their virtual bets on a specific day

- like if I said he'll die on July 7th, 2005 -

that would be inappropriate, right?

I just wanted to get clear on that.

So don't do that. It would be wrong.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Ah the long lives of these old sexualy deprived men just goes to show you.

Masterbation is not bad for you or your prostate.

It is the apostate life that will get ya.

Outoftheorg

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Ah the long lives of these old sexualy deprived men just goes to show you.

How do ya know they are? I would suspect that each one was married, although at that age it wouldn't matter much.

• hubert
    hubert
    is it just me or does the chick in richie's picture look a bit squeemish...like she's trying her damndest to pull away from the old fart?

He just finished picking his nose.

Hubert

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nathan,

I was actually thinking of starting a pool, but not just for Barber, but the entire GB. I'm not sure about all the specifics but it sure would be comical.

I would like to put my bets that 2 GBs are gone by this time next year, Barber would be a relatively safe bet, and Jaracz at 80 looks like a likely canidate(fingers crossed). then again Schroeder at 94 might be a good choice.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fred Franz wasn't married, and both Russell and Rutherford enjoyed a peculiar form of celibacy.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Frankie,

What a terrible thing to say!

These men are the Bride of Christ, you know, and are promised to rule with glory surpassing the angels themselves.

Yet, they treasure their remaining days with the colostomy bag, dementia, and other marks of Adam's sin...

You're right, we shouldn't leave out the other guys; they'd pout and refuse to divulge the latest angelic whisperings.

Bonus points for anyone who tags the day Jaracz* gets run down by an out of control WTS truck!

*Now appearing at a theatre near you as the Emperor Palpatine!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Barber was the first district servant I remember back in 1949. He was a very boring speaker. He was also very shy and was afraid to look at the audience. I mentioned this to a circuit servant and he told me that Carry memorized his talks and would recite them while pretending to turn the pages of a manuscript. Sometimes he would even page through a song book while he gave his memorized speech.

I don't think its right to make fun of old people. Men like Barber are victims of a rampant, wild, and in some ways fantastic idea. I prefer not to judge. Any of us could have followed the same pathway. None of us are especially noble. We are enlightened by accident.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I think we should feel sorry for these men for they truly believe they are God's gift to man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit