Does anybody else feel this way?

by boy@crossroads 26 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

a little background.......

been fading for more than a year now. I think i have done a good job of transitioning out of the borg. I am now comfortable with many of the taboos i was raised to fear. i think my self esteem is coming back from the state of shock i felt when i left.

when i left, i felt the "small fish in a big ocean" feeling, it seemed like everybody was going in a different direction at 100 mph. and while i've come to grips with the realization that we are in control of our own destinies, it also pains me in some way. I don't know what i am saying, i'm just rambling !!

anyway back to the point at hand, does anybody feel like god (jehovah) is looking down critically at everything they do? I wish so badly that i could just experience everday situations as they are rather than said situations significance in some grand biblical drama. If i didn't have to worry about fear of disapproving god, i know my social skills would improve 10 fold. and thats what i really want. i want to be friendlier, more open, honest, more outgoing, more laidback, go with the flow.

question: when you encounter someone you have never met before, how do you view that person? do you feel that you have a natural intuition about people, or do you give that person a blank slate, do you care at all, do you try to get along with everybody

• skyman
    skyman

Nope

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

skyman, what exactly is that? a pumpkin or a mask ?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I rely on my own intution. It's never failed me yet. It's great not to have to think of everyone as being "wordly" or "bad association",etc. You have a whole new world opening up. There are lots of good people that aren't JW. I now have my own higher power. I found out it was ok for me to fire the hell and brimstone god that I once had. My higher power today only wants the best for me.

I do try and get along with people. But, if they start telling me what I can and can't do--they need to move along!! Everyone deserves their own beliefs. Just don't force it on me!!! Give yourself time you'll be a whole lot happier. But it is a process.

shelley

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

crazyblonbeb:

do you feel that you treat everday individuals with the same respect that you used to feel toward jws (when you were in the jws)?

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

I try to give all people I meet the "benefit of the doubt". I had a lot of "remedial" soclial work during my first years "out" but I still use Jesus as a human interaction model (some habits die hard) and I'll take the first injury on the chin (within reason untill someone shows their quality) rather than being preemptively dismissive.

There are a lot of high quality human beings out thee as well as lot of poor quality ones. You've probably heard the expression "people are shit" but I prefer to think that too many people have been conditioned to act "shitally"; but I'm a card carrying organizational behaviourist.

W.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    does anybody feel like god (jehovah) is looking down critically at everything they do?

No. When the ot was finished, that god went into retirement. Jesus took over. Ever notice how the name jehovah (yhwh) does not occur one time in the nt? That should tell you something.

Not sure if jesus is still around. Some people have claimed to have seen him. If he is still hanging around this dimension, i wouldn't worry about him watching. He had a good sense of humor, and generally stuck up for the screwed up lower classes. He was almost as liberal as bill clinton. They both hung out w cute jewish girls (hint, monica lewenski, mary magdalene). I don't think that jesus was into cigars, though.

S

• Netty
    Netty
    Not sure if jesus is still around. Some people have claimed to have seen him. If he is still hanging around this dimension

I believe he starred in Star Wars Episode I, the Phantom Menace. He played the character Qigon (ok the one with the long hair, who discovers Anikan when he's just a boy, obiwon's master... know who I mean. der...)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Netty

know who I mean

After the 3rd starwars, i lost interest. So, i'm sorry, i didn't see that one. But, it wouldn't surprise me The force was strong in jesus. I heard that he could levitate just like those jedis jedii.

S

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    I wish so badly that i could just experience everday situations as they are rather than said situations significance in some grand biblical drama.

Wonderful! How wise you are.

The Biblical drama which is stealing away the vibrant aliveness of the moment is simply mental programming. Shift attention away from thoughts and mental interpretations of life, to what is real, to the actual silent sensations of life. Think, only when absolutely necessary.

One of the very beautiful aspects of living in the moment is that innate wisdom arises and you realize how utterly foolish the idea of a distant and judgmental god is. In the place of a tiny man-made deity, you come to feel the Divine nature of this very moment of existence, the same Divine nature which you will come to recognize sparkling from the eyes of every stranger.

I suggest you read The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit