GHOSTS, seen any lately?

by Blueblades 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Pinhead
    Pinhead

I don't know about ghosts, but I found an alien:
    Click the picture for amazing detail !!!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm not sure if there are ghosts of dead people around, but I think there is definite random energy that stays in certain places.

What was the superstition of yesterday is the science of today. I think there is a definite energy outside of our field of speculation that exists around certain areas, for whatever reason I don't know. Call it a haunting, or just unexplained SCIENTIFIC phenomenon, I don't know.

CG

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Shortly after they left I had my current hubby over one evening when we first started dating and his eyes became very big and was speechless. I said "You see him don't you?" He said yes. I asked what he looked like. He described the same man everyone else had seen.

I can tell ya right now.....I woulda shit my pants.....then fainted. No description.....no discussion.....just plain ass faint.

Gumbrowntrousers

LOL - I have missed posting here just because I miss Gumby. Anyway - Recently I have been interested in Ouija boards and having some kind of paranormal experience. It's always interested me. But I am one of those people who have never seen anything happen, and none of my close friends have ever seen anything. I forget who said it before, but about the Ghost tours, yes - it's all about the hype. You can scare yourself into anything. MTV used to have a show called FEAR. They would hype these 18-23 year olds up with stories and then give them video cameras and certain tasks they'd have to perform. Like standing alone in the dark in a cell at an old psych ward. Nothing ever really happened, but the slightest noise, bump or wind would send these kids screaming for the hills. It was a VERY interesting study in how the mind works. I also find it interesting that when people re-tell their stories for the benifit of others, "Well it happend to my uncle (or whatever) and he's a very resonable man who's a skeptic, so I believe his story." No comment really for it. I just find it interesting. That would be like me saying, "Well my uncle voted for George Bush. He's been a democrat his whole life, so there must be some substance to his reasoning" That being said, I don't think rational explinations work in EVERY single case. Gumby gave the story of the girl who found the picture of the former owner. Saying simply, "Well she could have picked anyone and just lucked out." doesn't cut it for me. She didn't pick just anyone. She picked the right one. I don't know how many pictures they showed her as I didn't see the piece but the more pictures the less the odds she just happened to pick the right one. I don't know if it's ghosts, lost spirts, demons, electromagnetic fields, an impression of recorded energy on a specific spot, subsonic noises, a mind that wants to believe, group hysteria, or the power of suggestion. For me it could be any of the above or combinations of things. It's still interesting to me regardless and I am not quick to poo-poo anything. In thinking about Ouija boards as I was pondering it my first thought was, what if you switched the board up on people...do the letters have to be in A through Z order in order to get the best results? I thought of a blindfold too - or what about the fact that people weren't always literate - how do their ghosts read and spell - can crappy spellers be tripped up in a Quija setting, how about crappy spelling ghosts? What about the ghosts of Chinese people - how do they make it work. Just random thoughts. I would like to believe, I would like to disprove - but for the most part I am happy with it just being what it is. Interesting stories the evoke interesting questions and debate.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    I have observed that they don't appear to you when you ask them to or want them to. They appear to people when they want to. If you ask and they appear, it's because they choose to appear to you, it's not because you asked

This is true. I would like to find out what it is that draws them to certain persons, b/c not everyone has had experiences.

weds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit