FLAT STANLEY---list of travels and stats!

by Princess 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

Flat Stanley arrived home today from his travels! Such fanfare on his arrival too. He brought cookies from Billygoat and the class enjoyed them as a finale.

If you haven't followed the Flat Stanley threads, here is the first which explains the project:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/78917/1.ashx

I was very happy to discover the original letter instructed the recipients to write down their name and city. I knew I'd never remember! I apologize for not remembering all the screen names, everyone wrote their real names on the paper so I'll stick with screen names and hopefully you can help me where I've forgotten.

Little Toe --- Scotland Oct 13, 2004

Ozziepost --- Sydney, AUS Oct, 21, 2004

XJWB12 --- Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada Nov 4, 2004

Valis --- Dallas, TX Nov 13, 2004

Valis' Daughters --- Kerrville, TX Nov, 2004

Bem --- Oklahoma Dec 15, 2004

Searcher --- Lincolnshire, England

Xenawarrior --- Green Bay, WI

Franklin --- Long Island, NY

Bikerchic/Onacruse Hillsboro, Or

Morty --- Ontario, Canada

Country Woman --- Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Lazyslob --- Stockholm, Sweden

Celia --- Vermont March 24, 2005

Effervescent --- North Pole, Alaska March 29, 2005

Joyzabel --- Panama City Beach, Florida April 8, 2005 (just noticed we were in Florida the same time as Stanley...only we were at Disney)

Merrymagdalene --- Idaho April 15, 2005

Aude Sapere --- California April 26, 2005

Rhys' Auntie Lisa --- Ashland, Mass May 20, 2005

Billygoat --- Dallas, Texas June 1, 2005

Stanley's travels are impressive. Thanks to all of you, Rhys' Stanley was by far the most traveled. He is quite proud of that!

I did a bit of number crunching by way of Expedia.com and tallied up his miles. If Stanley had traveled by commercial aircraft instead of postal service, he would have logged 70,540 frequent flyer miles. The cost of his flights had he flown in July (I had to pick a future date) his one way flights would have totalled $15,243.33.

A huge thank you to everyone once again. I'm planning on helping Rhys compile a scrapbook of all his postcards and pictures along with Flat Stanley.

Rachel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Rachel,

Wow! That's some mileage to get racked up on American Airlines. Shoot - half that trip could have been for free if it were a real person flying! I'm so glad that Rhys had a good time with this project. What an interesting and fun project for the teacher to come up with. I always appreciate teachers that can find interesting ways to help children learn...so few of them around!

I have no idea what Rhys looks like, but I always imagine a little red haired, freckle faced, twinkly eyed boy with a cute little cowlick and crooked adult teeth growing in. LOL (I'm probably way off base, but the thing I for sure know is there is the red hair and the twinkly eyes!) Did anyone else notice that Rhys' Flat Stanley had red hair?

I'm so glad it was a fun experience for him.

Andi

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Who'd have thought that travel by flight was so cheap these days, at about 25c/mile.
    Just as well he didn't drive it

• Mulan
    Mulan

Andi you are right about Rhys. He has red hair, freckles (just a little dusting of them) and twinkly eyes. His teeth are straight though.

Here's a photo of Rhys with his Daddy and sister.............all redheads.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Awww...Marilyn. Thank you for sharing that shot! Rhys is a very handsome little boy! Is it me with a bad memory or does Zoe favor Rachel? What a cutie!

BTW - that isn't Steve taking credit for the fish Rhys caught is it?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's a plastic imitation! Prob'ly made in China.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    It's a plastic imitation! Prob'ly made in China.

LOL!

• Princess
    Princess
    Is it me with a bad memory or does Zoe favor Rachel? What a cutie!

I thought since I look so much like my mom that my daughter would look like me. She looks like Steve. Thanks though!

BTW - that isn't Steve taking credit for the fish Rhys caught is it?

I know! The nerve! Actually if you look carefully, you can see Rhys and Zoe are holding up a stringer of fish that they caught. Zoe caught hers first and then Rhys. Then Steve pulled in the big one.

You'd think after all he's been through with his travels around the globe (2 1/2 times!!), Stanley would be rather tattered. He's not! He's in great shape still...red hair and all.

• bem
    bem

How Cute, Princess I missed the kids fish the first time I looked at the picture thanks for pointing it out. What a great expierience this has been for Rhys.

I'm happy to know everyone took such good care of Stanley.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Glad Stanly and Rhys had so much fun!

Just my 2 cents, but I think Zoe looks like her great-grandma on her mother's side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit