Did you ever feel like you never fit in?

by Dragonlady76 43 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Getting on this site and meeting people I like makes me feel like all the cool kids have suddenly decided chess club is THE coolest place to be, and suddenly I am accepted and maybe even liked. Its like a nerd kids wildest dream.

Glad you feel that way K; keep up the posting...your definately liked and accepted.

DB74

• luna2
    luna2

In my first congregation there were a lot of single sisters both with and without kids, so I had a great group to connect with right away. That part was super.

I did have this nagging worry that Jehovah didn't really find me acceptable, though. It felt like swimming upstream in rapids trying to get baptised and I kept wondering why Jehovah didn't want me. I think now it was the all the PO's fault... he was massive punitive control freak. I think he felt that if he hadn't studied with someone, that they weren't truly prepared to be one of Jah's jolly people. The guy was anal about meeting attendance too, and if I made it through two months runniing without missing a meeting, it was cause for celebration.

Second congo, my kids and I never fit. They got in trouble with an elder's son almost immediately (and here I thought I was being so careful about association) and that set the tone from there on out. I wish I could get over the guilt for putting them through all that shit.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Well, you are welcome here, Prophecor !

Actually, I've never felt more at home in Kingdom Hall, than I do right here with all of you, Thanks Hubert.

• hubert
    hubert
    and suddenly I am accepted and maybe even liked. Its like a nerd kids wildest dream.

Ain't that the truth, (((((Katiekitten))))).

Hubert

Prophecor....

• katiekitten
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i never fit in. i believed it all hook line and sinker. i had NO DOUBTS the END WAS COMING. i did everything i was supposed to do whole heartedly in as much as i was able.

i think poverty played a big role in never fitting in. also, the other kids lived the double lives, going out of the county on weekends to " fish" or go " canoeing" , so they could drink ,screw around and smoke pot without getting told on.

looking back i'm glad i didnt fit in. of the kids i grew up with , one was a bethelite, missionary now an elder, one is a tramp who's been thru more men than i've been thru shoes and is a fader, one was married to an elder who left her when his teen lover finally hit 18 after he'd been screwing around with her for a few years. she's still active,(her ex and new lil wife are reinstated and accepted) one was df'd for stealing all of one elders cleaning customers*HAHA) has since been reinstated and lives in a real NICE house, i was married to one and we all know how HE turned out, .. and several other faders. a few half heartedly still attend.

i cant think of one i'd want to have been friends with all these years.

• hubert
    hubert
    i believed it all hook line and sinker. i had NO DOUBTS the END WAS COMING. i did everything i was supposed to do whole heartedly in as much as i was able.

Wow, Candid, you sound(ed) just like my daughter !

Hubert

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Yeah Dragon I hear you, I was raised in dubland from day one and I was well and truly screwed. I definitely did not fit in with the dub kids, as I think I hated the KH from day one, and hard as I tried I couldn't completely fit in with the worldly kids because of the restrictions put on me (sports, birthdays, holidays, etc.) So I basically was in no man's land somewhere inbetween. I did okay, it wasn't like I was an outcast but it was never "right". I remember vividly when I came out of the closet about playing football and my parents caved and let me continue to play, but wouldn't have anything to do with it, being the only guy on the team standing on the field alone on parents night. Even if I got to do what I wanted it was still screwed some how. The loss of a "normal" childhood is probably the thing that I hate the WBTS for the most.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    Wow, Candid, you sound(ed) just like my daughter

hey dad..wheres my allowance? LOL

• hubert
    hubert

Yeah, you look a lot like my daughter, too. (She takes after her Mom) LOL !!

Kidding...

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit