Dub at work said that the Knowledge book was too difficult for new ones

by acsot 47 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

to understand so that's why the WTS published the new book being released at this year's district conventions.

The new book gets "straight to the point". According to her "and many others", the Knowledge book was too difficult for those just beginning a Bible Study. I said, "you're kidding!" She looked rather surprised, then assured me that many others had said the same thing, it was just so hard studying the Knowledge book with newly interested ones.

I thought to myself that the difficulty lay in the confusing, contradictory and unexplainable nonsense contained in the Knowledge book, not that it was too "deep".

• blondie
    blondie

I think the Knowledge book is too hard for most JWs to understand. No one studies any longer. The WT articles are spoon feeding most of them. I have heard several JWs say that the publications are being dumbed down, old-timers who remember studying Fred Franz's books. What about the Require brochure? How much simpler can you get?

Blondie

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yeah it was as deep as a Dr. Suess book.

One book, red book, green book, two.
    Never tease a weasel no never once or twice, no never tease a weasel, no it's not very nice.
    No sir I do not like green eggs and ham.

Paradise erf, no worldly turf, by God no smurfs, this is what the GB purps

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wt requirements could printed on one page. It's all that mumbelow jumbelow bamboozling mind conditioning that is hard to get just right for the new victims.

S

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Isn't it strange? The Bible may get re-translated but it's not been revamped ever since the King James Version.

Strange that the WTS needs to keep churning out explanatory books. Well, it is strange isn't it?

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Paradise erf, no worldly turf, by God no smurfs, this is what the GB purps

Notorious E's new rap.... (Evil Force)

u/d (of the not too pimp daddy class)

• Jourles
    Jourles

Well yeah. It's hard to comprehend anything that you don't understand in the first place! It's just not natural for humans to understand what the WTS writes. Kind of like that L. Ron Hubbard crap. Besides, I wonder how many JW's would compare the old United in Worship book to the Knowledge book? If they say that the United book was easy, they are BS'in you. The Knowledge book was practically a 'cut & paste' of the United book.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, the days of Fred Franz books like "Babylon the Great Has Fallen" and "God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached" (even the titles are long) are looooooooong gone.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Just remembered the old "Live Forever" book and that pic of the hippy looking apostates with sticks preparing to just beat the shit out of the dubs, after the thousand years with Satan being let out of the abyss. That would be a little tough to comprehend for the "new ones".

GBL

• Voyager
    Voyager

"Awake"/2004/June/22nd/page-21/

"Serving in the bush, or country areas, was especially challenging because usually few people there could read or write. In one congregation, only one person could read, and he had a speech impediment. The lesson in the "Watchtower" was unusually difficult, but it was faith strengthening to see the congregation making a sincere effort to grasp the points under consideration."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit